Things That Gladden The Heart

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Last mask restrictions lifted, finally. It was compulsory to wear them when visiting the chemists, health centres and hospitals. After a false start last Tuesday, the restrictions were finally signed off by the cabinet of ministers today.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
After what seems like ages I've lost 8 stone. 21st 13lb to 13st 13lbs.
I don't think I've been that weight since I was around 15, and I'm 40 now 😄

Cracking result!

If you’re looking for 4st of the 8st you lost come to Spain. One creature to be wary of here in Spain is the Spanish shrink moth. Once they’re in your wardrobe everything seems smaller

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Crisps and biscuits have always been the ones for me, 6 packs gone in a day if I'm not careful.
Crisps, biscuits, chocolate, pasta, rice and chips all now severely rationed as I need to lose a stone and too much of that stuff (as I am greedy for it) piles it on - cutting back has it dropping off pretty rapidly.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Great few, Spanish, hours in our fav little bar restaurant. All the chat, by order of the owner, was in Spanish. Any Brits that came in got English but Mrs Hobbit and me had to speak Spanish. All the family were in for a proper Friday family siesta lunch, and we were in the middle of it. We met gran, all her kids and her grandkids plus a few brothers and sisters. Then the Peruvian neighbours popped in - now that was an accent I struggled with. Culturally it was mind blowing, and we were both worn out when we left.

It was like a tasting menu as different things came out of the kitchen. Quite a few things weren’t even on the menu. Opinions were sought from everyone, and much arm waving and excited chatter took place.

We’ve never felt so welcomed and so much at home. Although my request for a pot of tea started much hilarity.