Things That Gladden The Heart

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Me and the boys have secured tickets to Sunday at the open via the re-sale platform!!!!

Cannot wait to see a Major championship in person!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Me and the boys have secured tickets to Sunday at the open via the re-sale platform!!!!

Cannot wait to see a Major championship in person!

Been to many Opens…took our boys several times. My youngest was blown away to see Tiger, his hero, not 6ft away. The boys wore us out dashing around the courses seeing x, y, z.

It’s an expensive day but worth it. Also worth considering, which we’ve also done, is travelling to Europe to watch tournament golf. Our favourite has been the Portuguese & Spanish tour events. Ticket prices are pennies by comparison, allowing the balance to pay for flights and hotels. Two major pluses to this, 1) the weather, and 2) very small crowds.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Big washing day 😄

How / why do they do this? Does it not cost the govt a fortune?

if its anything like here it will be where that is a massive excess of energy being produced by renewables . we have it at night where octopus for example pay you to use energy when there is excess wind and they want it used rather than shutting down the turbines

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Big washing day 😄

How / why do they do this? Does it not cost the govt a fortune?

They’ve been subsidising electricity for at least a year. There’s the Iberian Deal that the EU has approved allowing the subsidy. The subsidy on petrol & diesel ended at Xmas, and that had been running for at least 18 months. Bizarrely, as the petrol/diesel subsidy ended, the fuel companies decided to reduce the cost by the value of the subsidy, 20cents per litre.

Current monthly electricity bill is around €80 a month…£72.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I made a mince & onion pie last week and chucked a load of cheese in it before the lid went on. Was superb 😀

just finished off the last piece of cheese an onion pie. Done in the air fryer for 8 mins. Sweet lord. A women on the cheese stall at Bury market said to make a good cheese pie it needs 3 different cheeses in it. Never gone wrong doing that.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should read Sir Kevin
It will be, think there was an issue in that he was already on the honours list last year and you have to apply an exception to get 2 in less than 5 years. I think the powers that be put it out in bold letters in social media what had to be done to be an exception with heavy hints it would be approved. Strongly expect sir Kev at new year

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love all that Kevin has done and hate what MND has done to Rob but winced at the way he picked him up. I can't help but think it must have hurt but Rob was powerless to do anything...

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love all that Kevin has done and hate what MND has done to Rob but winced at the way he picked him up. I can't help but think it must have hurt but Rob was powerless to do anything...
This ^^^.
Kevin has done amazing things but picking up Rob & carrying him over the line seemed to smack of showboating. Can't help thinking it would have been better for for both of them if Rob had crossed the line in his chair.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Passing Tesco last night and doing a double take as they had diesel at £1.46, Normally around £1.62

Only had 80 miles left in the tank, so went and filled up.

Its back to £1.60 now, so possibly an error...but hey (y)