Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Dozens of Fieldfares eating the last of the fallen apples in the garden.
Never seen them before this year, didn't know what they were when I first saw them a week ago.

Stood waiting on the 3rd tee today and I didn’t know two of the lads were twitchers. They commented on the Fieldfares that flew up from the bottom of the orchard trees as we walked to the tee ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stood waiting on the 3rd tee today and I didn’t know two of the lads were twitchers. They commented on the Fieldfares that flew up from the bottom of the orchard trees as we walked to the tee ?
One of our neighbours was standing at her back door feeding 19 blackbirds with suet pellets at dusk yesterday.
Highest we have managed is 7

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
One of our neighbours was standing at her back door feeding 19 blackbirds with suet pellets at dusk yesterday.
Highest we have managed is 7
We gave dozens of black birds in the garden. There us a very large overgrown Privett hedge on one boundary and in spring and summer it's bristling with nests. They can be very territorial, when we have had redwings come in late autumn to east fallen apples, the black birds chase them off. The Fieldfairs are more than capable of scaring of the blackbirds. A couple of them seem to spend most of their time chasing BB off.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought the Xmas meat today- 4kg of Sirloin. Not sure what anyone else is eating.

Also picked up a gammon joint and 6 steaks for my eldest and her girlfriend.

Somehow a thick juicy t-bone ended up In the basket ??‍♂️

Pick up any sprouts?