Things That Gladden The Heart

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The wife and I went for our covid and flu jabs today. Asked if we would like in separate arms or the same. She went for Separate, me the same. One of us now complaining both arms hurt and the can't move either...?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice! It was time to upgrade from my 15yr+ Denon receiver, pre HDMI era! Had the new AVR pumping out great sound for Ambulance last night. In truth, I need new, better, big speakers but that will have to wait.
Modern bit of kit your Denon ? I bought my Rotel RX-402 receiver in 1976 (with some of my first 1st yr student grant - my mum took the rest ?) and it’s still going strong, though Audiokarma website consider it ‘almost an antique’. Perfect match with my Dunlop Systemdek.?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The 1700 is probably the best value to performance out there at the minute. I have a 3 year old 2500H and it’s great but even as a higher model lacks some of the finesse of the 1700.

I did briefly look at the X2800H and X2700H but for what the X1700H was offering, it seemed a no-brainer for my level.

I'm au fait with TV tech, but a right novice when it comes to sound and I want to "know" what good sound, sounds like! I know my speakers are at best OK and are very much lacking :(

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did briefly look at the X2800H and X2700H but for what the X1700H was offering, it seemed a no-brainer for my level.

I'm au fait with TV tech, but a right novice when it comes to sound and I want to "know" what good sound, sounds like! I know my speakers are at best OK and are very much lacking :(

The 1700 will give you plenty good sound but no matter how good the amp the speakers will always hold it back if not matched.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Modern bit of kit your Denon ? I bought my Rotel RX-402 receiver in 1976 (with some of my first 1st yr student grant - my mum took the rest ?) and it’s still going strong, though Audiokarma website consider it ‘almost an antique’. Perfect match with my Dunlop Systemdek.?

Hey, I had one of those. Last seen in a loft somewhere. Can’t remember even which house??
Days of Hi Fi, eh? Quad etc
Now, there’s a way to spend money easily?

All gone, but now very expensive headphones, DAC, and I pad.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Are you sure you want to know???
Its a very expensive door to go through, chasing Hi Fi sound?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I have what I have and it sounds good to my ears, I have not got a scoobies whether or not the sound is relatively good or not.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
?

I've heard the unwritten rule that speakers need to be a minimum of double the avr price...??.

???. There is a high end audio place near me. Not a shop, a studio, lounges etc
( a mortgage broker has an office in there…….I jest!).I got my headphones there.
About 4 years ago.
This is true…..On my way out, near the door was a freestanding, quite high , large looking vinyl turntable deck with turntable, arm and cartridge.
It was just a turntable, no amplifier or anything else.

I admired it , and asked the guy how much it was…….

Answer..£132,000.00

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
???. There is a high end audio place near me. Not a shop, a studio, lounges etc
( a mortgage broker has an office in there…….I just) . I got my headphones there.
About 4 years ago.
This is true…..On my way out, near the door was a freestanding, quite high , large looking vinyl turntable deck with turntable, arm and cartridge.
It was just a turntable, no amplifier or anything else.

I admired it , and asked the guy how much it was…….

Answer..£132,000.00

Don’t forget you’ll need 100% oxygen free unobtanium cables that are £10000p/m with connectors forged from the core of a neutron star.