Things That Gladden The Heart

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The snow finally melting. Downside is the dogs have been lovely and clean after our walks - tomorrow they'll be filthy!

Gardens already been roped off so Poppy cant make her paws any worse lol

The defrost didnt come soon enough for one driver locally, managed to put it in the hedge in the last hour or so :(

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drove from Weymouth to West Yorkshire this morning. Unusually it was a pain free journey except for the truck driver overtake manoeuvre I mentioned in the irritation thread. Anyway, just south of Sheffield a white van had broken down and was pulled over to the left. This is an area of “smart motorway” so no hard shoulder and the van was causing a slight obstruction so the traffic had to slow down as it passed. The driver was the out of his van and on the safe side of the barrier. He was stood there in a full Santa outfit waving at the traffic while he waited to be recovered. I wish I could have taken a photo but I was on my own in the car ??

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to the emergency eye clinic at Newcastle RVI this morning, I was a bit concerned due to the nurses strike, boy was I wrong. Great friendly staff and I got looked at very quickly. Thankfully my retina is fine and apparently my eyesight is very very good ? got some bruising the front of my eye though which I have drops for.
Downside the drops make my pupil look freakishly massive ?
Massive thumbs up to the NHS…again ?

Newtonuti

Visit site
Went to the emergency eye clinic at Newcastle RVI this morning, I was a bit concerned due to the nurses strike, boy was I wrong. Great friendly staff and I got looked at very quickly. Thankfully my retina is fine and apparently my eyesight is very very good ? got some bruising the front of my eye though which I have drops for.
Downside the drops make my pupil look freakishly massive ?
Massive thumbs up to the NHS…again ?
Is it the eyedrops, or the funky tablets they've "prescribed" you? :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cycle helmets.
Never been that keen on them and though I've had multiple crashes over the years never hit my head... until today.
Coming back after a decent ride through the Great Glen way path through the kings golf course. Section by the A82 was like glass, bike went right from under me and landed on the back of my head with such force the visor shot 20 yards away. Winded for a few minutes before I manged to get up. Took the helmet off to put the visor back on and saw the damage. 3 big cracks across the back. Definitely save me from serious injury

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cycle helmets.
Never been that keen on them and though I've had multiple crashes over the years never hit my head... until today.
Coming back after a decent ride through the Great Glen way path through the kings golf course. Section by the A82 was like glass, bike went right from under me and landed on the back of my head with such force the visor shot 20 yards away. Winded for a few minutes before I manged to get up. Took the helmet off to put the visor back on and saw the damage. 3 big cracks across the back. Definitely save me from serious injury

I always wear one - feel almost vulnerable without one on. There is suggestion that over a given speed they don't protect but so many spills are when going slow anyhow.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I always wear one - feel almost vulnerable without one on. There is suggestion that over a given speed they don't protect but so many spills are when going slow anyhow.
I do wear it more than not, in summer though much less if I'm just taking Rupert for a run along the canal to Loch Ness and back. When I did a lot of road riding I hardly ever wore one unless in a race, because you had no choice.
I will definitely be wearing it all the time from now on.. just need to get a new one now.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Cycle helmets.

Watch yourself up my way with the ice, absolutely nothing salted and lots of black ice on paths and roads.
That would have given you a scare!!