Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Received an email from a private parking company today, agreeing to cancel a parking penalty after I told them that their penalty charge notice didnt comply with the POFA requirements and that therefore they couldn't win a court case should they be stupid enough to try that route.

Out of interest how did the notice not comply?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of interest how did the notice not comply?

Pofa 2012 is the law that requires private parking companies to contain certain wording to comply with the law when issuing a PPN. Section 9 (2) f, requires them to inform the registered keeper that if the driver doesn't pay then the keeper can be held responsible for the charge. I told them that they were required to inform the keeper of that in the Parking Charge Notice and by their failure to do so meant that as the keeper wasn't required to name the driver and couldn't be held responsible, as they had failed to inform the keeper as required by statute.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In a Teams meeting yesterday, a client asked all in attendance to go on camera. One of the consultants who has caused us chew ignored this request. When it came time to for the consultant to present his section, the client again, but much more directly asked for his camera to be switched on. There was a bit of a kerfuffle and background noise. About 20 seconds later, the camera came on in what was the messiest kitchen I’ve ever seen. Dirty pots and stacks of papers were all over the place. Front and centre was the consultant, wearing what I can only assume to be his wife’s pink dressing gown. It absolutely made my day.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
very interesting budget ... turniing on the tap & shaking that money tree really really hard. If i ignore impact on debt for the time being... Liz seems to have gone full steam ahead. The question is can we consume our way out of the recession we are in.. will it trickle down.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
very interesting budget ... turniing on the tap & shaking that money tree really really hard. If i ignore impact on debt for the time being... Liz seems to have gone full steam ahead. The question is can we consume our way out of the recession we are in.. will it trickle down.

More kicking the can down the road.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More kicking the can down the road.

As the americans say... this is Hail Mary Pass... she is betting that opening the taps will make the country take off and fill the coffers. If she pulls it off, then it will be amazing, but if she cant, then god help the grandkids.
+1 on the IR35

(or is there a U-turn coming up)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In the middle of the rainstorm I can hope that the storm will pass and there will be a rainbow showing me the way to the pot of gold. But for there to be a rainbow, the clouds have to part and the sun shine down. And as much as I might hope for a rainbow given there has been one many times in the past, there are also very many times when there has been no rainbow.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Changing the rear shocks and air suspension compressor on my car. And it being as easy as it should be. Nothing was stuck or broken, and everything went back on like it should.

No doubt something will go wrong later.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Changing the rear shocks and air suspension compressor on my car. And it being as easy as it should be. Nothing was stuck or broken, and everything went back on like it should.

No doubt something will go wrong later.

I hope that I have your luck tomorrow. I am changing out the standard M suspension to BC racing coil overs and am dreading it for the two main issues you highlight…

BiMGuy

Visit site
I hope that I have your luck tomorrow. I am changing out the standard M suspension to BC racing coil overs and am dreading it for the two main issues you highlight…

Good luck. The rear suspension on the F11 was surprisingly easy to change.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck. The rear suspension on the F11 was surprisingly easy to change.

I have a G20 and the rear is supposed to be a piece of cake but the front is not so easy. Hopeful that it’s all free moving. Car is only 2 years old so shouldn’t be too bad.

I thought about doing the G16 as well but apparently it’s a proper nightmare so just going to leave that.