Things That Gladden The Heart

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Christmas duty sheets came out last night. I did have an arrangement with one colleague to work his boxing day for My Xmas Eve but he unfortunately is stepped up to another role for 3 months as of December so that went.

Another colleague without me even asking just txt me saying "you got young kids I notice your working Xmas Eve if you want I'll work it for a credit" (on our shift mafia system)

Always impossible to get that covered especially with covid ruining a few Xmas etc people want time at home.

What a gent , my mum will be delighted she does Xmas day that day with my aunt etc and that side the family so it's important to us.

Delighted

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just went to cancel my Now TV subscription via my online account. They offered me a deal of £20 a month for 6 months. Usually when I cancel they only give me a 3 month deal at a reduced cost. Sky must be getting desperate to keep hold of people.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will get some pictures once it's closer to done. It's taking some time to build all the storage shelves and tool holders whereas putting the wall cleats on was the easy part. the 45 degree edges are bloody sharp on the plywood though!
? Sounds like the router needs to come out.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once again, pictures again please. ?
No rush though, take your time. ?

Just the first two done. Small one over by the door and larger one over the small corner workbench. Still another two long ones to be installed but starting to get some order in to things. Having the big assembly/outfeed table is making things much easier.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just the first two done. Small one over by the door and larger one over the small corner workbench. Still another two long ones to be installed but starting to get some order in to things. Having the big assembly/outfeed table is making things much easier.

View attachment 44413
View attachment 44414
Looks really good, is that a converted garage or have you nicked the wife's kitchen? ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks really good, is that a converted garage or have you nicked the wife's kitchen? ?

It’s a custom built 6m x 4m workshop. I was originally just going to do it as an “add-on” to the new garage but we had a bit of land down the back of the garden that was just asking to be developed.

No way would I get an inch of that kitchen!?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a custom built 6m x 4m workshop. I was originally just going to do it as an “add-on” to the new garage but we had a bit of land down the back of the garden that was just asking to be developed.

No way would I get an inch of that kitchen!?

You're fortunate to have the room to build your dream workshop. Do you get some of your ideas from utube videos? Have you watched any of the videos of The Restoration Couple? Sorry about all the questions but I'm seriously interested.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're fortunate to have the room to build your dream workshop. Do you get some of your ideas from utube videos? Have you watched any of the videos of The Restoration Couple? Sorry about all the questions but I'm seriously interested.

We're lucky to live quite rurally which means bigger gardens. We are close to 50% of the total curtilage now though so no more building unless something else goes.

I do get some ideas from YT but mostly it's just problem solving using techniques that either friends or my old man taught me (like French Cleats). I have watched some of the Restoration Couple, but I don't watch a lot of YT, I prefer to problem solve myself.