Things That Gladden The Heart

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is that what they are? I don't like them as they're all stringy leaves and not much flower. Should I pull the bulbs up?

Just googled how they spread...I'll be removing today (y)
It can take years to actually eliminate them! Better, imo, to simply 'restrict' them and avoid the frustration of failure to eliminate imo. They can/do brighten up open soil areas under shrubs though, so, for me, not true 'weeds' like some. A hoe is probably the best and simplest tool to keep them 'under control', but better to appreciate their prettiness than get frustrated with disliking them.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
After two years of not being in church for Easter Day it was lovely to be there today, in the choir singing glorious hymns and to finish with the choir singing - unrehearsed - Handels’s Hallelujah Chorus - with our Victorian church organ thundering it out with us. Magnificent.

it’s been nice sitting outside the caravan listening to the church bells ringing this morning

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
@bobmac - all gone. Got most of the bulbs out and made sure no purple grapes around. I doubt it will spread as much as the couch grass but thanks for the heads up.

20220417_145844.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spoke to the wife of a past captain who was in recently for second operation for cancer. Apparently the surgery went well and awaiting the biopsy results but he is up and back home and hopefully going to play soon. He's a bit nervous about being out at the moment with his immune system compromised and the high infection rates but it will be good to see him when he does come back. Been a tough fight. Almost as hard as being a Newcastle fan as he is

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Spoke to the wife of a past captain who was in recently for second operation for cancer. Apparently the surgery went well and awaiting the biopsy results but he is up and back home and hopefully going to play soon. He's a bit nervous about being out at the moment with his immune system compromised and the high infection rates but it will be good to see him when he does come back. Been a tough fight. Almost as hard as being a Newcastle fan as he is
The result today will have put a smile on his face!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Late afternoon yesterday watching a dozen (at least) excited and very enthusiastic junior academy members - most under 10yrs old - head off up the 1st with two of our Ass Pros to play to the 1st green. Great stuff.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
After a couple of years off, we hosted our annual Easter Party on Sunday, it forced me to sort the garden, the kids had a great time, and both the climbing frame and trampoline I installed during lockdown are still operational.