Things That Gladden The Heart

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good that you're back Chris but I need to know more about "gentle chipping". Is this chipping that doesn't involve wrapping your wedge round a tree when you thin one across the green?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The trailer for the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney. EPIC! Shame the first episode does not air until May 25th, the anniversary of the day the original film opened. And the new Ahsoka and Andor series to come too. Stuff Marvel, Star Wars has it now.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny enough not, I know that it would be the worst thing I could do right now and I was just really happy to be fine walking 9 holes less than 3 weeks after surgery. I hope that next week I can start with some putting and gentle chipping.
Way to go Chris! ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good that you're back Chris but I need to know more about "gentle chipping". Is this chipping that doesn't involve wrapping your wedge round a tree when you thin one across the green?

The only time I've ever thinned one was at Sunningdale for the forum meet. I was on the practice green and knifed one had to shout FORE and very nearly wiped out Homer ????

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The baseball lockout is over. Spring training starts next week and the 2022 season will go ahead almost as normal. Which means I will be going out there to see a few games.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Crufts. Missed it last year. The dogs and I watch most of it streaming live on YouTube - "we could do that" :)

Covid did cut short our brief but successful agility career. Well, successful for Barley the rosette magnet, and successful for Daisy making everyone watching chuckle as I tried to stop her zooming around in random circles!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Walking Sunningdale Old (what a course) this afternoon following Lottie Woad and Rachel Gourley on their way to winning the Sunningdale Foursomes. And lovely to spend some time before and after the presentation in the Sunningdale clubhouse (not a bad gaff ;) ). Well done girls - a great win.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
After being messed about with the new car order, I decided to cancel it, 7 months and counting, just not on.

So, I decided to keep the one I have (which I do love) and bought a Pure 800 turbo upgrade for it (nearly cacked my pants at the price).

You may wonder what is gladdening my heart... I called the insurance company to enquire on how the mod would affect my policy... Absolutely no change! That's got to be a first for a) an insurance company and b) such a game changing mod.

Either way, I'm happy and can't wait to get it swapped over.

Shiny new Pure 800 Turbo unit arrived on Friday, day and a half to strip the old one out and get the new one in (straight replacement, no messing or customising). What an easy job it turned out to be.

Not had it out on the road yet as letting the liquid gaskets set up.

Got it booked on the rolling road and dyno on Tuesday afternoon.

Old turbo sent back and will get my holding deposit back. Happy days.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The only time I've ever thinned one was at Sunningdale for the forum meet. I was on the practice green and knifed one had to shout FORE and very nearly wiped out Homer ????

If you'd succeeded in wiping him out would you have avoided nearly being killed at H4H at Camberley Heath? :unsure: