Things That Gladden The Heart

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I did say bordering on. We shall see, but round here the programs to bring them back to the wild have gone very very well!! I do wonder whether it is to the detriment of another species?

Don't think so. They are mainly scavengers, IIRC. I went to a
"hawk" place some years ago, and they told me they respond to regular feeding.
Maybe the school have been doing that, hence same time every day.

I have had the privilege of flying my radio controlled model glider with them (slope soaring). They were curious enough to follow my glider, as if lining up to shoot it down!? Went on for many minutes, coming quite close to me.

They are wonderful creatures, and if it were a choice between watching them or Carr, then I have no doubt who I would regard as the pest?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I did say bordering on. We shall see, but round here the programs to bring them back to the wild have gone very very well!! I do wonder whether it is to the detriment of another species?
I too don't believe so.
Plenty of Sparrowhawks, Kestrels and other raptors nearby. I think it's just their size, lowish flight and identifiability that suggests they might be crowding other birds out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One that may have passed most people by but......there is a charity in North Shields, NE Homeless Charity. It is run by very decent and honourable people doing a very good thing. As part of the running they have a cafe which a/ raises funds for their work and b/ gives food, drink and somewhere warm to be in the day to people who are homeless. My wife meets someone there for work every month or so who is involved in the place so we have a reasonable understanding of the work they do, all positive. Anyway, around the corner from their building is the studio where the musician Sam Fender practices and records. He and his band frequently use the cafe, he will also play the piano in the corner of the cafe for fun. They only have praise for him in there, he gives his time quietly, along with money. Last night he won a few Brits and in one of his aceptance speeches he gave a 'shout out' for the charity. Hopefully that gives them more pubilicity, brings them more money to do the work that they do.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Before 8am tee times have started appearing on the club booking page again, brighter days are coming.

We have been running 7.30 tee times for several weeks. Bit borderline when it has been cloudy or rainy but people still booked into the slot. On the plus side its now light well gone five so it means I could probably get to the club and do an hour, maybe ninety minutes if I'm lucky of practice or 5 or 6 holes

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Went to Deal this morning and had a rather splendid breakfast sat outside the Royal hotel then drove to the chapel down winery to pick up some of their rose wine.
Now sat in the caravan

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Someone sending me a meme about Cressida Dick resigning and suggesting Gene Hunt from Life on Mars as a replacement.

"Right come out, you're surrounded by armed bar stewards".....