Things That Gladden The Heart

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Popped up to the allotment today and some of my spring bulbs are flowering. Super excited. Yes more weeds growing too - the battle is endless!

Also the thief that's been munching my early rhubarb stalks has been thwarted with some chicken wire. I've done some poo research and looks like a naughty, hungry deer (rhubarb is actually bad for them)!

View attachment 41251

What's going on, I see no sprouts!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Popped up to the allotment today and some of my spring bulbs are flowering. Super excited. Yes more weeds growing too - the battle is endless!

Also the thief that's been munching my early rhubarb stalks has been thwarted with some chicken wire. I've done some poo research and looks like a naughty, hungry deer (rhubarb is actually bad for them)!

View attachment 41251

weve got snowdrops, crocus, daffs and peonies already, not sure many will be left by Saturday though :eek:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Made the grandkids Hotdogs the other day, with Aldis Brioche buns. They love them. Anyway Missis Ts cousin was over and they were having a good natter in the front room. Granddaughter Layla says “ does that mister want a hotdog” I said “ I don’t know”. She went in the front room and asked him. He said “ No thanks”. She came into the kitchen and said “ he don’t want one, I think he is allergic to them”. She is 6 yrs old.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

View attachment 41251

Nice to see someone passionate about their hobby. For me though, what I like about gardening is seeing someone else doing it??.
As I say, not a gardener, but my wife is. She used to live in the country and her garden had "visitors" in the night eating her roses etc.
Deer, as you mention you have issues with.
What she tried was a cheap tranny radio, tuned to a "talk"programme , Left it on low all night in the garden.
Seems the deer do not like the sound of human voices.
There was some success with it.
HTH

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to see someone passionate about their hobby. For me though, what I like about gardening is seeing someone else doing it??.
As I say, not a gardener, but my wife is. She used to live in the country and her garden had "visitors" in the night eating her roses etc.
Deer, as you mention you have issues with.
What she tried was a cheap tranny radio, tuned to a "talk"programme , Left it on low all night in the garden.
Seems the deer do not like the sound of human voices.
There was some success with it.
HTH

I've never been interested in gardening at all so am surprised at my genuine pleasure in this allotment malarkey. Good call on the radio. We've ordered some solar powered deterrants so will see if they help. Oh and I'm making windmills/scarers out of used plastic bottles :)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Time has come to renew my passport. The number of photos i had to take to comply with the guidelines. But love the HMP process, very simple and straightforward.

Chose to apply for the 'frequent traveller' one. I am assuming trips to the continent now require us to get a stamp everytime. So will fill up pretty quickly.

Now cant wait for the new blue book to arrive

D

Deleted member 3432

The Scottish ski season finally getting up and running, just need to get up there now.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Time has come to renew my passport. The number of photos i had to take to comply with the guidelines. But love the HMP process, very simple and straightforward.

Chose to apply for the 'frequent traveller' one. I am assuming trips to the continent now require us to get a stamp everytime. So will fill up pretty quickly.

I've got to do mine - is it relatively painless?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

I know we all have mobile phones etc these days - so in theory can take our own photos - but when we renewed, we found it easiest to use a 'passport compatible' photo booth. It wont take your picture until the composition is 'passport acceptable. You get an upload code so you can load the images straight into your application without the need for having the actual picture (although the booth does give you a sheet of photos).