Things That Gladden The Heart

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Horrendous weather forecast for Devon today - huge team competition at our club scheduled. No-one yesterday wanted any part of playing in such terrible weather.
Woke up this morning to a message that the course will be closed all day. RESULT!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managing, much to my surprise, to find a way of migrating a 'paid for' golf GPS app from one phone to another!
Not only that, but it also remains on the old phone!
Win, win.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following on from my random irritation about the wife and my booking her a spa day ..

I am nights again the first week of easter holidays (round our way anyways)

so her mum has suggested that she, my wife and the kids go to a parkdean resort for 4 nights ..

its fallen perfect. the wifes friend is going to same park same time. its not easter round that way so it was cheaper lol

I get 4 nights without them lol .. .. more chances to sneak out to the course as I cant on nights really (am playing 9 after work in morning but thats about it)

oh and my mate drops back on my night line for 4 sets as of that week so got my car pool buddy back

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A different branch of PC World letting me know they had one of the PCs I wanted it stock, putting it to one side and then going over and beyond in their help with another matter.

And then getting an on-line survey about my experiences with the first one (see Random Irritations). They will need a spell checker that knows all the four letter words in existence to fully translate what I put. But I did enjoy writing it.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A dog walker who operates near us often leaves filled ? bags at the edge of the field by the river, presumably to collect on the loop back. It annoys the life out of me as it’s an idyllic spot and she normally leaves 4 or 5 bags and right near the walkway. I cant quite fathom why she just doesn’t take with. Today I witnessed her dropping them down, only for one puppy she was walking to run back and rip the bags apart. She had to then pick up 4-5 bags worth of poo and rebag it. All the while the naughty little puppy was rolling around in it oblivious to her growing anger while a couple of us watched on from afar. Easily the highlight of my day.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
From the scary, nose-bleed inducing heights of recent Summer Olympics performances, we are back to the comfort of being plucky Brits in the Winter Olympics.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Took a stroll down the bottom garden and behind the shed earlier, just to look for places to put a bird box.
Found the new bbq cover that flew off in the storm the other week, it was wrapped in a bush quite well hidden.
Really not sure how it got over the house and down there ?

RichA

Visit site
Took a stroll down the bottom garden and behind the shed earlier, just to look for places to put a bird box.
Found the new bbq cover that flew off in the storm the other week, it was wrapped in a bush quite well hidden.
Really not sure how it got over the house and down there ?
I read this thinking it was intended for the Laughter thread. So many potential double entendres, it's like a 1970s Carry On script.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Popped up to the allotment today and some of my spring bulbs are flowering. Super excited. Yes more weeds growing too - the battle is endless!

Also the thief that's been munching my early rhubarb stalks has been thwarted with some chicken wire. I've done some poo research and looks like a naughty, hungry deer (rhubarb is actually bad for them)!

20220217_134552.jpg