Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Young Bradley had another good day. His football team won 9-1. It wasn’t about the win. The football was very good to watch. It was his best game yet and deffo the teams best game.
However, there goal came from a Bradley Own goal. A kid hit a screamer and Bradley got his head in the way and it flew in the top corner. It was a fantastic header. He was initially upset, but is laughing about it now. Took me dad to the pub for a meal coz me mum is in hospital having had gall bladder removed. It was a bigger “ procedure “ than the one planed so me, MissisT, 2 grandsproggs and me dad had a pub lunch. Bradley invited me dad back to ours after so he sat and watched football for 3 hours and loved it. So did the kids. Feet up time.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lovely walk yesterday on West wittering beach and round the East Head Split - and then i walked to East Wittering while the wife took the car there! Lovely and fresh if v dull! Popped into Chister and was going to stop but after driving round the town it did not look as nice as i was expecting - not sure if i was wrong and should have a mooch next time?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
lovely walk yesterday on West wittering beach and round the East Head Split - and then i walked to East Wittering while the wife took the car there! Lovely and fresh if v dull! Popped into Chister and was going to stop but after driving round the town it did not look as nice as i was expecting - not sure if i was wrong and should have a mooch next time?
Take your sand iron next time, and a few balls.:D

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
“Change the date.”

Mrs Hobbit and I married, er, quite a while ago. Since then we’ve had 2 significant trauma on our wedding anniversary. Needless to say celebrating our anniversary tends to have some sadness and tears amongst the smiles. In 2019 we started planning to celebrate our marriage on a different date, creating a significant event for us that would give us a different date to ’party’ on. Covid got in the way.

I’m loathe to call it a renewal of vows as I(we) don’t feel our vows need renewing. However, to a large extent there will be a formal part to the celebration, if only to give it a feel of more than just a party.

Venue booked, a lovely beach bar with a terrace that leads down to the water’s edge. Great menu. Celebrant booked. Act booked. Invites going out today. 4 months to PARTY!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
“Change the date.”

Mrs Hobbit and I married, er, quite a while ago. Since then we’ve had 2 significant trauma on our wedding anniversary. Needless to say celebrating our anniversary tends to have some sadness and tears amongst the smiles. In 2019 we started planning to celebrate our marriage on a different date, creating a significant event for us that would give us a different date to ’party’ on. Covid got in the way.

I’m loathe to call it a renewal of vows as I(we) don’t feel our vows need renewing. However, to a large extent there will be a formal part to the celebration, if only to give it a feel of more than just a party.

Venue booked, a lovely beach bar with a terrace that leads down to the water’s edge. Great menu. Celebrant booked. Act booked. Invites going out today. 4 months to PARTY!!
HID and I will be stumbling towards 25 years in 2025 and the plan was to have a celebration. The vows said in sickness and health and the last decade should have read, sickness and sickness as there have been loads of issues to deal with between us and with parents and friends. We have no interest in renewing our vows, although ironically our current house is no more than a 5 minute walk from the venue so getting there would be a breeze. It seems a waste of money and sadly we've lost a few of those that were at the wedding including both my parents and so without them it seems an empty event. Not sure the party even excites anymore. We still have to celebrate her 50th from last October but that is on hold until the Covid landscape calms down globally

D

Deleted member 16999

“Change the date.”

What a great idea, hope it turns out exactly as you both want.
You romantic old git.;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The clutch on the car failed yesterday afternoon ................................ in Cowes!
We were due to catch a ferry home this morning!
I eventually got in touch with a mechanic who said he'd have a quick look at it.
He arrived at 4.15pm and did his diagnosis.
He needed a ramp, so I drove the clutcless car to his workshop.
I eventually left his workshop at 8.15pm!
He'd spent the thick end of 4 hours sorting it out for me.
I said, "How much do I owe you for getting me totally out of the poo?"

He said, "You seem like a good guy who needed some help, is £50 okay?"
Obviously I gave him more than that ........................... but what a great bloke.
The car drove home fine.
Sid Vickers .............. you're a bloody legend. :love:

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wife met up with our lad and went for a walk at a reservoir in north Sheffield - they both needed each other's care and comfort at the moment as they are both finding things a bit tough - and they had a lovely walk and posted a lovely picture.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
“Change the date.”

Do you have my address :p.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jacob Rees Mogg being far too clever for Kirksty Wark on News Night tonight. Oh why does she not bother to wash and comb her hair. I only wish he would go on with Kay Burley. He would crucify her and people on here know how much she irritates me.

There is no need for members to reply as this may be deemed a the “P” word but I was referring to his replies.