Things That Gladden The Heart

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
My dear friend's funeral yesterday. It was so incredibly sad but every single word said about her was true. The biggest heart and generosity of spirit you could ever imagine. There was standing room only and 200+ there who wanted to pay their respects and say goodbye. I know for sure she'd be looking down and thinking "wow, all this for me...I never knew". After the tears we talked and laughed and reminisced. The world's a poorer place for her passing. RIP Nicky.
Sounds like it was a, "Celebration of her life", which is how it should be.
Best wishes Amanda.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it was a, "Celebration of her life", which is how it should be.
Best wishes Amanda.

It really was. To be honest it did make me appreciate even more what a lovely, selfless person she was, without a bad bone in her body. Some of it was funny as she was so accident-prone...one line "bikes, fences and plastic chairs seemed to catch her unawares" :)

D

Deleted member 1740

My lad is doing support DJ for Jo Whiley tonight at a big nightclub in Sheffield. Dead chuffed for him after everything he's been through these last two years.

Brilliant that Hogie, imagine if he'd just took any old job as suggested , he more than likely would not have had this chance.

Hope all goes well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lamb rump, fondant potatoes, red wine jus and veg of the day :)
One of my favourites from the classic Readers Digest cookery book of the 1970s....Lamb Shrewsbury that I serve with Dauphinoise potatoes plus veg du jour. :)

Just as you describe - I use lamb noisettes and once I've reduced the jus I add redcurrant sauce and melt it.. oh heaven...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Down at the allotment today spreading another load of tree chippings. Finished that and did my weed check (the blighters are running scared) and to my delight saw some pink rhubarb stems poking through the soil. Oh the excitment :D

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching the Simon and Garfunkel concert from Central Park on Sky Arts. What an unlikely looking duo to become world superstars, but the sound, harmonies and songs...stunning.
Try watching the Everly Brothers Devoted to You reunion shortly before Phil passed away.
Sounds are brilliant and tearful watching the reaction between them. I'm sure its on YouTube, get your tissues ready :cry::cry:(y)(y) .

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Watching the Simon and Garfunkel concert from Central Park on Sky Arts. What an unlikely looking duo to become world superstars, but the sound, harmonies and songs...stunning.
Amazing pair - and timeless.
There's even a UK link in at least 1 of their hits - Homeward Bound. Apparently drafted/written on Widnes station!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Amazing pair - and timeless.
There's even a UK link in at least 1 of their hits - Homeward Bound. Apparently drafted/written on Widnes station!

...here's another one from Kathy's Song

And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain drenched streets
To England where my heart lies