Things That Gladden The Heart

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is this?? I see lots of people posting coloured squares on Facebook and saying it's 'wordle'. How do you do it?
Guess a 5 letter word. It tells you if the letter is in the word, and if it's in the right place. One word per day. 6 guesses max. Strangely addictive.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
FJoLJyQWQAk2r2B

RichA

Visit site
4.30pm and it's still light.
Midweek days off work with a lazy lunch sandwiched between two rounds of golf will soon be returning.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
About 16 Blokes did a 25 mile charity walk today. All Money raised going to the ROYAL BRITISH LEGION. it was organised by a young lad who wants to be a boxer. We met the guys at Clipstone memorial. I took young Bradley along with me. When they were ready to leave for the Forest Town memorial Bradley asked me if he could do the next leg with them. About 2 miles Distance. I asked one of the lads, ex Para. He said “ not a problem but we don’t hang around”. About 30 mins later we met them at the Forest Town memorial. He did the 2 mile “ tab” and the lads were buzzing At his effort. They reckoned he nigh on run it to keep up with them. I felt proud as punch when he dropped £10 in the charity bucket.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Burns Supper and Ceilidh to raise funds for my church redevelopment last night went off splendidly last night. About £1000 raised. Job #1 done.

Everyone attending had a -ve LFT within the previous 48hrs. My Mrs didn't attend and she'd headed back up north on Thursday. I'll take a LFT test on Tuesday and Wednesday to check my own status in case I am needed later this week...currently not expecting to go up for a couple of weeks but we never know.

I sang A Man's A Man for A' That at the end of the Burns celebration after explaining what Burns was on about, and how it was sang at the opening of the Scottish Parliament 1st July 1999. I had everyone singing lustily all of the last verse and chorus. Quite a few came to me afterwards with their reflections on the words and sentiment of the song...though I'm afraid that I can't say anything of these comments - suffice to say that I believe they thought Burns got it spot on with relevance to the present day. Job #2 done.

Also I got loads of compliments about my Scottish Shortbread and Tablet that I made to have with coffee - the Church Cafe has asked that I provide them with some as they'll be able to sell it - and give away a piece of tablet with every tea or coffee bought. Job #3 done.

Tweaking a little song in news - Three out of Three Ain't Bad (God Bless the both of them - JS and ML)

In the hardest of times we have to, and can, make the best of and enjoy what relief and small pleasures are provided us.