These new style head covers...

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
are utterly crap!!

Why have nearly all manufactures moved to these silly leather neckless head covers. They barely serve a purpose, all they do is cover the head but offer no protection to the shaft. My nice new £400 bloody driver, which is 3 weeks old, is already showing signs of bag rub.

why can't they just offer a choice for people who want to protect there investments!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
are utterly crap!!

Why have nearly all manufactures moved to these silly leather neckless head covers. They barely serve a purpose, all they do is cover the head but offer no protection to the shaft. My nice new £400 bloody driver, which is 3 weeks old, is already showing signs of bag rub.

why can't they just offer a choice for people who want to protect there investments!!

some nice ones on ebay but you shouldn't have to pay for something you get free

I personally love the new covers.. I used to leave mine without a cover for the round (driver that was) because I struggled to get it on and off quickly (ping g15) but since I had one of these new covers (had 2 now) they are easy to take off and put on. Really love them

Plus leather is easy to keep clean

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
are utterly crap!!

Plenty of alternative options out there and surely when you buy the club and the retailer gives it to you along with the head cover you'd know it's not fit for purpose and either buy an alternative or ask them to supply something better as part of the deal

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think they are great... esp now its turning cold.... forgotten your mitts? no problem... just stick the driver cover on your trolley hand ... the other in your pocket... a brilliant idea.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
are utterly crap!!

Gis it for free, then.

Can I see a picture?:whistle:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Get some electrical tape the same colour as the shaft and tape up the area that is rubbing against the bag.
Not ideal I know but it will keep the shaft looking good if you want to sell it on

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use Ping G25 Driver, 3-Wood and 23 Hybrid and I love the headcovers that are supplied with them, much prefer these to the newer Ping "leather mitts." :D

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I prefer the new type headcovers. bag rub doesn't worry me in the slightest. I think they look pretty cool too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer the new type headcovers. bag rub doesn't worry me in the slightest. I think they look pretty cool too.
was starting to think I was the only one!

i think the m2 one is a thing of beauty and the m2 fairway cover makes it look like it's "mini me"

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had head covers with no shaft sleeve on my woods and hybrid fir around 2 years and no sign of bag rub at all - I'd be looking at the bag and not the headcover...

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
are utterly crap!!

100% agreed for the first few months, the shaft in my driver was exorbitant and I would rather that it did not get bag rash. I purchased a pom pom and it was not very good so went back to the M1 cover and seem not to be getting any bag rash. It may be bag specific or carrying specific. Still, in the long term I may get my sister to attach a sock/sleeve to the M1 cover but actually its not new and it is a tool so maybe I don't care any more.