These babies bomb !!

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You might have seen my recent posts threatening to 'Ditch the Driver', as in reality, its my Achilles heel, and has been for years. When its 'on', its good, and long, but so often it simply puts me in trouble and leads to a dropped shot.

So - I decided to get some of the new Stage 2 RBZ Fairways, and went with the RBZ 'Tour' versions of 3 & 5 wood,
and have them both set down at their lowest loft, thats 13* & 17* respectively.

Only been in the bag for a couple of social knocks so far, but signs are very good, and on one of our hardest Par 4's, Ive been on the fairway in places that my Driver would have been proud of.

Last night I went out at 8.30, empty course, and just decided to run a test off the Tee for both Clubs......the results were surprising......

Measured with my Garmin S1 Watch.....

The 3W was consistently putting me between 240 - 255 yds, most on the short stuff, and with the longest being.......
wait for it..........266 YARDS !!

The 5W was between 225 - 240yds......but the best flew out to 252yds !!

Now I know that technology has moved on, and perhaps more so with Fairways than Drivers, but these RBZ's are damned strong, and if they continue to fly like that, then I for one wont ever be putting a DRiver back in the bag, PERIOD.

These could be just the key I've been searching for to keep me down in singles......

Happy Days - so far !!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Could also be that it is warm and the fairways are baked hard. However, if they are keeping you in play what's not to like :D

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree- warm night, light wind.....but our fairways are quite lush, not 'baked' and hard particularly .......yet !

They just feel good, very powerful. :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've also got the tour 3w with the TP shaft (standard loft setting) and frequently outdrive playing partners drivers. Was on our 18th in 2 last week for the first time, 253yds to go and first bounce was the green............stunning club

didnt think anything would replace my Cally steelhead 4+ but it has

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got the standard 3 wood and 3h and can honestly say they are game changers, the 3 wood is a beast off the deck and brings par 5's into play in 2, and I'm a short hitter.now if I can only find a driver!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like the fact that you are finding the short stuff. I am not too fussed on how far it goes (to a degree) but it you are playing from fairways you can make a score so if the three wood gets you in that position carry on