The Union Jack

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a huge St George's cross off a ferry that's mahoosive and has been all over with Chelsea & England, also a very large Red Hand Of Ulster, also got a large Royal flag with 3 golden Lions on as seen above Bucks house.

Wouldn't have or own a Union Jack.

There are loads of Union Flags & Red Hand Of Ulster flags flying up here in Scotland, must be Marching Time.......

It sure is old and it is..............

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
🇨🇦The Canadarm flag flies at our house🇨🇦

Ok it's a tiny one stuck out a window but it's better than nothing.

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

U

User62651

Shame the Union Flag (Union Jack) is not appreciated more day to day, aside from whatever negative association and division within UK it may contribute to, as a flag in itself it's arguably the most recognizable and beautifully designed flag out there for grandness, colour, pattern, really strong brand for Britain. All these countries with their boring tricolours and plain crosses etc must be well jealous #flagenvy.;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Shame the Union Flag (Union Jack) is not appreciated more day to day, aside from whatever negative association and division within UK it may contribute to, as a flag in itself it's arguably the most recognizable and beautifully designed flag out there for grandness, colour, pattern, really strong brand for Britain. All these countries with their boring tricolours and plain crosses etc must be well jealous #flagenvy.;)

I agree that it is indeed a very emblematic and rather beautiful flag in all it's simplicity of design. Actually in the same sort of way as the Stars and Stripes.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are loads of Union Flags & Red Hand Of Ulster flags flying up here in Scotland, must be Marching Time.......

It sure is old and it is..............

Great to see support for my fellow Republic of Ireland countrymen in Ulster. Remember Ulster is made up of 9 counties in total and not just the 6 in Northern Ireland.

The red hand is also included in crest of the GAA county jerseys of Monaghan and Cavan. Not included in the Donegal crest.

As for the OP simple no.
:thup:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think the Cuban flag is my favourite. For more facts about flags you need to tune into Sheldon Coopers online show, "Fun with Flags" :thup:

The Union Flag / Jack is not a great flag in terms of passing one of the unofficial key tests for a flag. Can it be easily reproduced by a child? As most Brits can not even get it the right way up, I have no idea which way it should be, then that is not a great start. The flag is not simple to replicate, too complicated. I know, let's have a referendum to choose a new flag. Anyone, anyone still there...................

Free-shipping-CUBA-font-b-flag-b-font-3-5-feet-polyester-font-b-flag-b.jpg