The prince and the sex offender

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hmmm, one or two institutions dropping him as a patron.
I wonder if any of the 27 golf clubs and societies that he is associated with are considering cutting ties with him ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No matter what spin folk try to put on this story the key thing to remember is a royal spent time at a convicted paedophiles house 2 years after the guy was convictied and jailed (if you want to call it a jail term)...

He was pictured in the park in way back in Dec 2010 and never publicly spoke about but thats all changed this summer when the video of him at the door emerged - why/who kept the footage for so long and what other footage is out there?
Fergie is my guess!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He’s not been convicted of anything yet.
No matter what people think!
He is innocent unless proven otherwise.
But mud sticks these days and you are guilty by media/twitter.
In the UK at least I'm not sure that anyone thinks a crime has taken place.
A lot of people are questioning his character judgement and moral probity for visiting a convicted paedophile following their conviction and when giving an interview expressing no sorrow at all for the victims of Epstein.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But according to the UK courts he's already lied to her so does he really care about what the Queen thinks?
Not all the courts ,some of them said “it wasn’t their business to make political judgments “
Boris doesn't care what anyone thinks so probably not.
She’s only a figurehead anyway

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Is the Monarchy fit for purpose...?

"The institution of the Monarchy is beyond reproach"

Really?

Much more accurate I suggest that it "needs a bit of improvement"

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is the Monarchy fit for purpose...?

"The institution of the Monarchy is beyond reproach"

Really?

Much more accurate I suggest that it "needs a bit of improvement"

Ah Andrew is a just a spare and now he is further down the spare list. In the old days he would have been a vicar/soldier/sailor .. but I was loving the Ant and Dec jokes about the sweating!
I suspect he opened up because the initial fall out would be intense but then the politics of the election would take over again.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But according to the UK courts he's already lied to her so does he really care about what the Queen thinks?
He never 'Lied' to her. He asked her to prorogue parliament, that wasnt a lie it was a request to which she agreed. The High Court agreed he could do it, does that mean they lied as well? The supreme court when deciding on an appeal interpreted the constitution in that he should not have prorogued for such a long period. It was nothing to do with lieing, you could say he misinterpreted his use of prorogretive powers but how can this be a Iie to the queen?
I have read that because he did not get the UK to leave the EU at the end of October he lied to the Public when he said he would, if I agreed to meet my wife at the railway station ay 11:00 o clock but someone locked me in the cellar would I have lied to her. I am a bit tired of many of the accusations being blanded around at the moment and not only towards Johnson but many others. Seems a symptom of how so much is dramatised these days.