The prince and the sex offender

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Playing devils advocate here a lot. but discussing the Prince Andrew thing with my better half. For the moment, let’s ignore Epstein, the interview and any procurement. And forget for the moment that he is a Royal.

In 2001 Andrew was not married, that ended in 1996. Therefore he was single.

The lady in question was 17, above the age of consent in the UK, where the alleged acts took place, but under the age of consent in the States where she is from. Which takes precedence legally?

Trammps nightclub had an over 18’s policy.

So if you are a single bloke and you meet a woman in a club and things advance, has HE actually done anything wrong?

Now the questions start, did he know her age? Does it matter (see above)
Was she procured, did he know?
Why has this blown up nearly 20 years later?

I have no liking for Andrew, and the interview was a massive huge and incredible misjudgment as was his continued relationship with Epstein.
Big thumbs up for Emily Maitlis though

But is he another example of a social media hurricane? Where everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Now by doing this interview he has opened up a can of worms, lost the little credibility he had left, but was he forced to do it by the unrelenting media pressure?

Needing to satisfy my honourable British notion of fair play.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
didn't see the whole interview, correct he appears to have not broken the law in that this young lady was not underage in this country, but lets not forget he carried no his friendship with a convicted sex offender and pedo and was unrepentant on that.

just shows up the feeling of self entitlement of some of the upper classes have and how they are above any law or sense of right and wrong.

i'd heard stuff about him back in the day, looks like they was some truth in that.

Wolf

Visit site
Playing devils advocate here a lot. but discussing the Prince Andrew thing with my better half. For the moment, let’s ignore Epstein, the interview and any procurement. And forget for the moment that he is a Royal.

The lady in question was 17, above the age of consent in the UK, where the alleged acts took place, but under the age of consent in the States where she is from. Which takes precedence legally?

So if you are a single bloke and you meet a woman in a club and things advance, has HE actually done anything wrong?

I have no liking for Andrew, and the interview was a massive huge and incredible misjudgment as was his continued relationship with Epstein.

But is he another example of a social media hurricane? Where everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Now by doing this interview he has opened up a can of worms, lost the little credibility he had left, but was he forced to do it by the unrelenting media pressure?

Sounds like you had the exact same conversation as I had with my good lady..

Not in anyway defending or attacking what he has done, I'm actually very neutral in this whole debate. But if you, me or anyone was single in a late night drinking establishment where 18 is the legal minimum age to enter and they have staff working the doors checking this policy is adhered to and we met a lady, had a few drinks and were invited back per se would anyone really say "hang on a minute love can I check your I.D first". I'm sorry but I'm not convinced that anyone would at all, because like you said Tramps has an over 18 policy so has he really done anything wrong.

Whether people think morally he has or not imo is irrelevant, I think the real thing that matters in this case is has he done anything legally wrong. Based on UK laws no he hasn't committed any crime, which as you say then comes down to what is the age of consent in the US, which isn't strictly true as being 18! The US allows its individual states to govern the age of consent and they each in turn set it at either 16, 17, or 18. Now if the woman in question is from Florida where from what I've seen her father is from so my assumption is that is her home state then the age of consent there is currently 18!

I really don't know how this should play out based on that legal point alone and which takes precedence, my only experience of this is when I was based in Germany we were all given a talk on the pitfalls of age of consent as out there its 14 for going out drinking, clubbing and sexual activities but as British military personnel we were to govenerned on the British age of 16 minimum.

The other fact here is now that because he defended the relationship with Epstein and awkwardness of the interview means regardless of what can or cannot be proven he'll be tainted of guilt by associations

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many years ago, I was a member of a motorbike forum. We used to meet up for rideouts, Christmas do's that sort of thing.
The Missus and I became friendly with a couple who lived near Windsor.
The husband worked on the Windsor Estate. He told me something about Andrew that I found difficult to believe at the time, but recent events seem to bear out what he was saying.
Fake news?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I get what you're saying and have plenty of sympathy with those arguements, however I have grave concerns about any man of the that age (at the time of these events) that entertains any sort of physical action with a girl so young in comparison and only just over legal age. It may not be illegal, but morally and ethically I find it wrong. I also doubt he didn't know how old she really was.

Swango1980

Visit site
Sounds like you had the exact same conversation as I had with my good lady..

Not in anyway defending or attacking what he has done, I'm actually very neutral in this whole debate. But if you, me or anyone was single in a late night drinking establishment where 18 is the legal minimum age to enter and they have staff working the doors checking this policy is adhered to and we met a lady, had a few drinks and were invited back per se would anyone really say "hang on a minute love can I check your I.D first". I'm sorry but I'm not convinced that anyone would at all, because like you said Tramps has an over 18 policy so has he really done anything wrong.

Whether people think morally he has or not imo is irrelevant, I think the real thing that matters in this case is has he done anything legally wrong. Based on UK laws no he hasn't committed any crime, which as you say then comes down to what is the age of consent in the US, which isn't strictly true as being 18! The US allows its individual states to govern the age of consent and they each in turn set it at either 16, 17, or 18. Now if the woman in question is from Florida where from what I've seen her father is from so my assumption is that is her home state then the age of consent there is currently 18!

I really don't know how this should play out based on that legal point alone and which takes precedence, my only experience of this is when I was based in Germany we were all given a talk on the pitfalls of age of consent as out there its 14 for going out drinking, clubbing and sexual activities but as British military personnel we were to govenerned on the British age of 16 minimum.

The other fact here is now that because he defended the relationship with Epstein and awkwardness of the interview means regardless of what can or cannot be proven he'll be tainted of guilt by associations

If she had been 14/15, but happened to get into the nightclub, I'm not sure how the "I've done nothing wrong because the doormen let her in" if you had to defend yourself in a court of law?

Wolf

Visit site
If she had been 14/15, but happened to get into the nightclub, I'm not sure how the "I've done nothing wrong because the doormen let her in" if you had to defend yourself in a court of law?
As I've said in my post I'm not defending him nor condemning him, I'm merely pointing out what is factually known to be true and that is that legally under UK law he has done nothing wrong. If she had been 14/15 that's a different conversation to the one at hand and yes should be punished by the law regardless of where they met, but also the establishment where they met should face sanctions as well for allowing minors to be there.

But your what if point Could easily be turned around as say what if she had been 20/21 would it even make the news because she wasn't a teenager.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That's an interesting point. A guy I used to work with got chatting to a girl in a club. She drove him home from the club and they spent the night together. Next morning it turned out that she was 15 and had "borrowed" her parents car as they were away on holiday. We were never sure if her driving him home would be a good enough defence for him thinking she was older.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I kept thinking how he hasn't aged well and his hair looked kinda weird!

In all seriousness I wanted to believe him but it all seemed a bit off somehow. His look of shock and surprise at some of the allegations - they were all clearly stated previously so he must have known about them. Then the things he recalled with certain clarity compared to those he couldn't be sure about.

Plus - you dump someone "honourably" by travelling to New York and spending 4 days breaking the news...all because you're "too honourable" - hmmm.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
As I've said in my post I'm not defending him nor condemning him, I'm merely pointing out what is factually known to be true and that is that legally under UK law he has done nothing wrong. If she had been 14/15 that's a different conversation to the one at hand and yes should be punished by the law regardless of where they met, but also the establishment where they met should face sanctions as well for allowing minors to be there.

But your what if point Could easily be turned around as say what if she had been 20/21 would it even make the news because she wasn't a teenager.

I expect the son of the queen of England sleeping with a girl procured by his friend who was also a convicted sex offender who also sexually abused those girls would have made the news. No matter what age the girl was.

Not entirely sure her exact age or the fact that some places let underage drinkers in is the worrying thing here...