The prince and the sex offender

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I expect the son of the queen of England sleeping with a girl procured by his friend who was also a convicted sex offender who also sexually abused those girls would have made the news. No matter what age the girl was.

Not entirely sure her exact age or the fact that some places let underage drinkers in is the worrying thing here...

I pretty much agree with all of that but would ask the question did he know that the girl had been procured? Did he know that the girl had been sexually abused? Or did he think that the girl was a bit like a pop group groupie, actively wanting to be there?

That said, what a massive error of judgement staying friends with someone convicted of 'sex crimes.' Bearing in mind the negative publicity around that plea deal down in Florida, it could even be a hugely arrogant dismissive attitude to society, thinking he was above the law, assuming he knew exactly how the girls were procured.

Swango1980

Visit site
I pretty much agree with all of that but would ask the question did he know that the girl had been procured? Did he know that the girl had been sexually abused? Or did he think that the girl was a bit like a pop group groupie, actively wanting to be there?

That said, what a massive error of judgement staying friends with someone convicted of 'sex crimes.' Bearing in mind the negative publicity around that plea deal down in Florida, it could even be a hugely arrogant dismissive attitude to society, thinking he was above the law, assuming he knew exactly how the girls were procured.
In terms of your 1st paragraph, that's probably the main reason he is in the news. We don't have those answers, so that's why the questions are being asked. He may well be innocent of any actual crimes, but probably at the very least he is guilty of incredibly poor judgement.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I expect the son of the queen of England sleeping with a girl procured by his friend who was also a convicted sex offender who also sexually abused those girls would have made the news. No matter what age the girl was.

Not entirely sure her exact age or the fact that some places let underage drinkers in is the worrying thing here...
Every pub and club in the country has had underage drinkers in at some time.

His entitlement shone through in that interview.
His main defence was he couldn’t remember, really.
But he knew he was in a pizza restaurant on a certain day.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Every pub and club in the country has had underage drinkers in at some time.

His entitlement shone through in that interview.
His main defence was he couldn’t remember, really.
But he knew he was in a pizza restaurant on a certain day.

The can't remember just shows his attitude to the common people. To not remember who you've had sex with... not a nice person.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Incredibly none of the political guests on the BBC this morning had seen the programme so of course couldn't comment...
It’s a very easy thing to say something silly and end up losing your job .
So it’s no surprise really.
They have enough to get on with without commenting on the royals.
I am just wondering if the yanks want to talk to him, will he go there?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s a very easy thing to say something silly and end up losing your job .
So it’s no surprise really.
They have enough to get on with without commenting on the royals.
I am just wondering if the yanks want to talk to him, will he go there?

Perhaps an opportunity for quid pro quo. The Americans send over the diplomat's wife that killed the motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road, and the UK sends Andrew over.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps an opportunity for quid pro quo. The Americans send over the diplomat's wife that killed the motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road, and the UK sends Andrew over.
I was going to post just that scenario.
But can you really see us extraditing him.
More to the point could we? Would the queen let that happen.?

But it’s a sad state of affairs that to get justice for a young mans life we need to do deals with our “friends”.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was going to post just that scenario.
But can you really see us extraditing him.
More to the point could we? Would the queen let that happen.?
He might be a greasy so and so, but extradited he won't be. We don't extradite young men with asbergers or whatever it was who hack into NASA and other agencies, so we wont extradite someone who gets monies from the public purse over here and who hasn't commited anything illegal even if morally he is corrupt.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site

Re: your second paragraph, you’ve changed your tune since post 6.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pretty certain we since heard from the horse's mouth, i.e. Prince Andrew, rather than just read various newspapers.

IMO 'twas a car crash interview.

Personally I thought it was bit out of order to ask him if he knew anything about how the guy died in prison! But I was left wondering were these girls 'imprisoned' or freely able to leave? - Not kept too much of an eye on the story but I've not read any claims of rape/violence/GBH etc, seems mostly about whether they were above age of consent either in UK or US. The photos seem to show fairly mature/extrovert characters - not making excuses; just wondering.

All seems a bit sleazy but he was a 'single' man almost 20 years ago!

IMO he would best advised to keep completely quite - the media will just spin which ever way they feel despite any 'facts'

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
IMO 'twas a car crash interview.

Personally I thought it was bit out of order to ask him if he knew anything about how the guy died in prison! But I was left wondering were these girls 'imprisoned' or freely able to leave? - Not kept too much of an eye on the story but I've not read any claims of rape/violence/GBH etc, seems mostly about whether they were above age of consent either in UK or US. The photos seem to show fairly mature/extrovert characters - not making excuses; just wondering.

All seems a bit sleazy but he was a 'single' man almost 20 years ago!

IMO he would best advised to keep completely quite - the media will just spin which ever way they feel despite any 'facts'

Some of the girls involved with Epstein were 13 or 14 weren’t they? And he plead guilty to child sex abuse. Not sure whether them being “freely able to leave” comes into it.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
No matter what spin folk try to put on this story the key thing to remember is a royal spent time at a convicted paedophiles house 2 years after the guy was convictied and jailed (if you want to call it a jail term)...

He was pictured in the park in way back in Dec 2010 and never publicly spoke about but thats all changed this summer when the video of him at the door emerged - why/who kept the footage for so long and what other footage is out there?