The prince and the sex offender

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No it wasn’t it was a direct quote about Maxwells case.
If she would spill the beans for a plea bargain.
Over 35 posts into a discussion about PA/AW v VG, where discussion on the previous case ended almost a month ago!
Wires weren't crossed; they had been disconnected!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with all of it in principle but, if it was my daughter, I would say settle - take the money, spare yourself a trial. Good luck to her.

I agree with you. Spare the pain from the trial.

That said, If it was your daughter , would you have let her be groomed by Epstein and Maxwell and fly all over the world on private jets partying with dirty old men? I know i wouldnt.

Apparanly her claim was that Andrew "sexually assaulted her" 3 times. She was 17 when it all happened. Its not far removed from the Rochdale Grooming gangs, just in fancy hotels and nightclubs instead of above a takeaway in Rochdale. I just don't know why she (and others like her) didn't walk away from it all.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

That said, If it was your daughter , would you have let her be groomed by Epstein and Maxwell and fly all over the world on private jets partying with dirty old men? I know i wouldnt.

Apparanly her claim was that Andrew "sexually assaulted her" 3 times. She was 17 when it all happened. Its not far removed from the Rochdale Grooming gangs, just in fancy hotels and nightclubs instead of above a takeaway in Rochdale. I just don't know why she (and others like her) didn't walk away from it all.

its completely different to Rochdale and sexual assault and rape are different

if you read about the victims of the grooming gangs, they were threatened or threats were made about their families so it wasn't that easy to walk away from it.

As for VG, i am sure she was paid for her company.

Swango1980

Visit site

If it was your daughter, would you know this was happening? Did her parents know this was happening (I've not heard tracked what their side of the story was). Or, did they just assume she was working with high profile people legitimately? I think it is unfair to claim someone else would have acted differently as a parent in hindsight, when you may have no clue what was going on at the time. And, even if you suspected it, would a daughter agree to everything their parents tell them, or would that not sound overly controlling? Unless the daughter shared everything that she got up to with her parents, then it is difficult for the parents to do a lot unless they can find out what is going on by other means. And, if somebody is grooming a girl, I am sure part of that process is making sure the girl does not tell anyone what is really going on.

Why did she not walk away? Again, surely if it was that easy then you could say that about the vast majority of these types of cases? Unless the girl is physically kidnapped and locked up, you could always say "why did they not leave?". I'm no expert psychologist, but surely at the time kids at that age are extremely impressionable? They'll feel important and that they are being cared for. Even if bad things happen, they'll be convinced that this is just normal in that sort of life. They'll fear leaving and then losing out financially, or these people who appear nice to them, to suddenly ostracise them. They'll feel they do not have much to run away to, people they feel will look after them as much as they think these people are. I reckon when you are a teenager, you are still immature. You want to look for independence and find your place in the world, but you have no settled life experiences to truly understand the rights and wrongs in everything. So, if you come across some very powerful, successful and charismatic adults, it is so easy to think they are well respected and decent people. I think you'd struggle to even determine that what they get you to do is illegal, or that you'd never be believed.

Also, these people were friends with the likes of Bill Clinton. With such powerful friends, ir could be difficult for a youngster to even suspect they are rotten to the core. In fact, it would be difficult for an adult to suspect this, unless the adult saw this with their own eyes, or took advantage of it themselves by breaking the law and assaulting these girls.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

if you read about the victims of the grooming gangs, they were threatened or threats were made about their families so it wasn't that easy to walk away from it.

Not wanting to go off on tangents. But Ave travelled a bit. On me travels Ave seen dirty Old old men walking hand in hand with teenagers going places in Havana. Ave seen the seedy side of Thailand. Young women are exploited
( or are they)? all over the world. Andrew and his scum of the earth pals took it to another level.
Somehow I have a gut feeling this is not done yet.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not wanting to go off on tangents. But Ave travelled a bit. On me travels Ave seen dirty Old old men walking hand in hand with teenagers going places in Havana. Ave seen the seedy side of Thailand. Young women are exploited
( or are they)? all over the world. Andrew and his scum of the earth pals took it to another level.
Somehow I have a gut feeling this is not done yet.
Interestingly, and golf related, my friend has just returned to live in the UK after spending a few years working in Singapore.

He often nipped across to Malaysia to play golf. He told me that, when you get there, there are very young girls, wearing very little, dancing around the golf buggies. You can hire them to be your caddy, and their job is to make the golfer feel comfortable (get them a drink, wipe their brow, and even accompany them into the evening). It is no secret they offer special services. He refused this, he said that she said she was 17, but she looked much much younger than that.

I think that is crazy, that this sort of thing is done so openly and not even seen as a problem in some countries. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Interestingly, and golf related, my friend has just returned to live in the UK after spending a few years working in Singapore.

He often nipped across to Malaysia to play golf. He told me that, when you get there, there are very young girls, wearing very little, dancing around the golf buggies. You can hire them to be your caddy, and their job is to make the golfer feel comfortable (get them a drink, wipe their brow, and even accompany them into the evening). It is no secret they offer special services. He refused this, he said that she said she was 17, but she looked much much younger than that.

I think that is crazy, that this sort of thing is done so openly and not even seen as a problem in some countries. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Sometimes my “radar is not switched on “ as Missis T says. When we saw the old guy walking hand in hand in Havana. I turned my stomach. In the Far East some of the things that are the norm. Well if that’s acceptable norm then am
A Utd fan.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They were grooming vulnerable girls. It's not that simple.

D

Deleted member 16999

I don’t believe these Civil cases should be allowed to settle out of court, both sets of lawyers will have done their sums and advised their client on the risks.

He looked guilty, imo, before she brought this case and him settleing does nothing to change it.

I thought she was more interested in bringing him to account than financial reward.

Neither come out of it looking good.

phillarrow

Visit site
I don’t believe these Civil cases should be allowed to settle out of court, both sets of lawyers will have done their sums and advised their client on the risks.

He looked guilty, imo, before she brought this case and him settleing does nothing to change it.

I thought she was more interested in bringing him to account than financial reward.

Neither come out of it looking good.

Don't forget, she has not accepted anything in this settlement. The entire sum is going to victim's charities. In my view, she has come out of it looking exactly as she wanted to, i.e. the victim in this sordid affair.

And for those saying she should have just walked away, come on. That's as tone deaf as it comes! It shows a complete and total ignorance of what goes on in the grooming/manipulation of vulnerable people. Do you guys also have little sympathy with victims of domestic violence for staying with their partner? Or with abused children for not running away from home?

D

Deleted member 16999

Don't forget, she has not accepted anything in this settlement. The entire sum is going to victim's charities. In my view, she has come out of it looking exactly as she wanted to, i.e. the victim in this sordid affair.

And for those saying she should have just walked away, come on. That's as tone deaf as it comes! It shows a complete and total ignorance of what goes on in the grooming/manipulation of vulnerable people. Do you guys also have little sympathy with victims of domestic violence for staying with their partner? Or with abused children for not running away from home?
Re the bit in bold, not sure what you’re saying is entirely correct:
"The money is being used in three ways. The first part is to pay compensation to Virginia Giuffre.

"The second is to pay off her lawyers' expenses and such like.

"And the third is, of course, that she's leveraged his profile and there's a large sum going to her personal charity to fight for the victims of sex trafficking and sexual abuse.

Totally agree on the rest of your post.(y)

Last edited by a moderator: