The prince and the sex offender

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My issue with these out-of-court settlements is that somebody has sacrificed justice for cash.
I had the same misgivings when I heard that some parents had been paid money by Michael Jackson for alleged offences against their children. It may benefit them financially, but it does not prevent the perpetrator from repeating the offence. And in the case of potential child abuse, that does not sit right with me at all.
Whether Andy did or didn't do this, well, it didn't really look that good for him beforehand, and it looks like a case will come to court. Unless, of course, there's someone else in the background with more revelations...................
I think we will see very little of him in the public life now, but of course he'll still get his money from the public purse.

Swango1980

Visit site
If he was guilty, I am guessing she'd be happy to settle because there is always the chance he would not be proven guilty, if there was not enough evidence. Therefore, at least she gets compensation, and the fact he settled out of court does not prove his innocence.

If he was innocent, I am guessing he was nervous that he could be wrongly convicted, and even if he wasn't a lot more things could be revealed about his private life that he'd like to keep covered up. Therefore, handing over money would ensure he is never proven guilty, albeit his reputation will be permanently stained (although it pretty much was anyway).

So, if you have access to a lot of money, it can always bail you out of a situation that most of us could not. Mind you, it also could make you a target to some people, whereas most of us would be pretty safe, even if we were less than angels.

www.hiltonpark.net
The stripping of his titles and this outcome makes me think there's much more known behind the scenes.
If this was a he said she said case you think
the royals would have seen how it played it out. The taking away of the titles etc is a very major move by the royal family

Swango1980

Visit site
I know one thing,if I was innocent no way would I settle.
I d want to clear my name ?‍♂️
True. although he may feel he has more to lose. Also, given the amount of media attention so far, and the media attention after any verdict, would there be grounds in his law team thinking he would not get a fair trial? Not something we'd have to worry about, unless we were accused of something horrific that made the media.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It's a civil case so no charges likely to come from it anyway always going to be a payout/ damages.

Strange though how someone who denied ever even meeting the person has settled?
?
Ave never met him Either. hopefully he will settle out of court and donate to my charity begins at home. ????

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If he was guilty, I am guessing she'd be happy to settle because there is always the chance he would not be proven guilty, if there was not enough evidence. Therefore, at least she gets compensation, and the fact he settled out of court does not prove his innocence.

If he was innocent, I am guessing he was nervous that he could be wrongly convicted, and even if he wasn't a lot more things could be revealed about his private life that he'd like to keep covered up. Therefore, handing over money would ensure he is never proven guilty, albeit his reputation will be permanently stained (although it pretty much was anyway).

So, if you have access to a lot of money, it can always bail you out of a situation that most of us could not. Mind you, it also could make you a target to some people, whereas most of us would be pretty safe, even if we were less than angels.

This unfortunately is so true.

D

Deleted member 15344

Let’s be honest many said he was guilty before the settlement based on a picture and association so the chances of a fair trial would be very slim and he does have a lot more to lose and risk so there is just as much chance that he has decided against taking that risk and gone for the settlement - it might have been exactly what the girl was looking for

how many of us would take the risk ? And not pay our way out if we had the means

But the guilt has been decided by some

The stripping of his titles and this outcome makes me think there's much more known behind the scenes.
If this was a he said she said case you think
the royals would have seen how it played it out. The taking away of the titles etc is a very major move by the royal family

I didn’t think the titles were stripped permanently- it was only when he decided to fight the case on his own and as a citizen as opposed to a royal

Wouldnt be surprised to see the titles resorted at some point

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
It was a Civil case, brought by one party against another - the bar is lower, and in this case, if the Judge ruled against Andrew it would likely be a monetary punishment. By receiving and accepting a settlement - whilst the figure may be lesser - the outcome is very similar, albeit it comes with no admission of guilt which is very different to being 'not guilty'.

All said though, as the comments already show, 'doubts' remain in the public opinion of both sides and I think, from Andrew's point of View, that is the best case scenario.... going through with the case and having enough evidence to remain below a low bar was going to be difficult, ultimately having to make a payout anyway along with the associated judgement would mean a lot of the 'doubt' would have evaporated. In Virginia G's case, accepting a settlement - depending on the amount - has a similar outcome to actually going through with the case along with the subsequent statements, it's likely the majority of public opinion will be that she was 'right'.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
This was a civil claim where the burden of proof is far lower that that in a criminal court. The Prosecutor obviously though the criminal case was short on hard evidence. Both parties thought the was a chance they could lose a civil case so a settlement was reached.
Has now has no record of guilt. Whatever some people may say or think, no one has seen any evidence that may or not have been presented to the civil court. Everything in the public domain is innuendo or rumour.
She has got a lot (presumably) of money and no doubt feels justified that she made the case and that his reputation is blasted.
I have no opinion either way other than to say he should never have got mixed up with Epstein and Maxwell. But no one outside the immediate case knows the truth.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe both sets have just bought prime location villa plots in Barbados next to the Rooney and Vardy legal teams ?

(This may not be entirely accurate if any legal bods are reading this ?
Yes and the ongoing legal cost was probably part of the thought process.
Wonder what the total is now?
Does he have to pay her legal bill as part of the settlement?