The prince and the sex offender

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
whether Virgina Giuffre and he did meet will obviously be open to conjecture for many years.

You have seen the photo of them together right? You must know the one, it’s the one where he’s got his arm around her and with Ghislain Maxwell, the convicted sex trafficker, in shot too? That one? The photo of them actually together? ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah to be fair we’ve absolutely no idea what might have happened in the privacy of a convicted sex trafficker’s home. Other than forcing girls into sex I admit I don’t actually know what a sex trafficker does?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You have seen the photo of them together right? You must know the one, it’s the one where he’s got his arm around her and with Ghislain Maxwell, the convicted sex trafficker, in shot too? That one? The photo of them actually together? ?

But some daft old bint has said it’s faked ????

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can you expand? Were they originally charged with Dangerous Driving? And what was the charge, and consequence, in the Civil (presumably) Court?

Ave mentioned it before on here Foxy, a guy was driving home ( from golf) he had alcohol and drugs in his system but not over the limit, fell asleep went across road and killed sister in law. He never got a custodial. Tagged for Six months. It was suggested to Bro he could take it further on appeal.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I understand the conceptual difference but am asking the question as I have heard of people bringing cases against dangerous drivers for example who they feel didn't receive suitable sentences.
Most of us aren't in the legal profession.

Of course, but to address what you say here about the dangerous driving.
If someone felt the sentence for dangerous driving was too lenient, then only two things can happen.
1. The sentence for dangerous driving would have been given in a criminal court as the result of a conviction for dangerous driving. The prosecution would have been almost certainly undertaken by the State, I,e the CPS.
The CPS may in theory appeal that sentence.? I question if that is possible for such a relatively minor offence . If they could , I doubt very much that would happen. Not a severe enough matter. Murder yes, road traffic offence , no. If it did happen, we are still talking about the criminal law. Criminal law rules apply.
2. However, after a conviction for dangerous driving, if the "victim" felt the sentence was too lenient ( or even if they didn't), the victim can still sue the driver in the Civil courts, for damages, I.e money compensation for injuries, upset, expenses etc etc.

Again, two entirely different things, but yes, arising out of the same circumstances.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ave mentioned it before on here Foxy, a guy was driving home ( from golf) he had alcohol and drugs in his system but not over the limit, fell asleep went across road and killed sister in law. He never got a custodial. Tagged for Six months. It was suggested to Bro he could take it further on appeal.
That's different from what SR was suggesting then.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The real point is that, despite the photo, he claimed he had never met her. The photo and other recent evidence suggests that Andrew might have just not been totally truthful

If I remember correctly, he said that he didn’t remember meeting her. He obviously did meet her, but then again when you consider the number of parties and engagements he would have attended, and the numbers of people he would have met and had photos with, it is quite possible that he cannot remember every individual he met

Playing devils advocate a bit, but it does Bring an element of doubt into the equation.

I have no idea if he is guilty or not, but he has seen his chums Epstein and Maxwell jailed and with public opinion against him, the chances of not losing a civil case in the states where damages can be incredibly high, looked slim.

It could be that he doesn’t remember, and hasn’t done anything wrong, but his friendship with Epstein means that he is guilty by association and put in an impossible position.

Or he could be as guilty as sin and has managed to wriggle out of it

Ultimately whatever happens, he is finished as a senior royal, reputation tarnished forever, no regiment or charity would want to be associated with him.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If I remember correctly, he said that he didn’t remember meeting her. He obviously did meet her, but then again when you consider the number of parties and engagements he would have attended, and the numbers of people he would have met and had photos with, it is quite possible that he cannot remember every individual he met

Playing devils advocate a bit, but it does Bring an element of doubt into the equation.

I have no idea if he is guilty or not, but he has seen his chums Epstein and Maxwell jailed and with public opinion against him, the chances of not losing a civil case in the states where damages can be incredibly high, looked slim.

It could be that he doesn’t remember, and hasn’t done anything wrong, but his friendship with Epstein means that he is guilty by association and put in an impossible position.

Or he could be as guilty as sin and has managed to wriggle out of it

Ultimately whatever happens, he is finished as a senior royal, reputation tarnished forever, no regiment or charity would want to be associated with him.

There was a news story yesterday where an employee of Epstein Steve Scully, working on Epsteins' private island and who hadn't given any an interview before, claimed he saw Andrew and the girl together on the island "playing around" together.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There was a news story yesterday where an employee of Epstein Steve Scully, working on Epsteins' private island and who hadn't given any an interview before, claimed he saw Andrew and the girl together on the island "playing around" together.
Maybe that’s why he decided to settle.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he hadn't reached an out of court settlement would he have had to have travelled to the US for the court case? If so then was he at risk of arrest by the US authorities who have been looking to question him?

Tashyboy

Visit site
That's different from what SR was suggesting then.

Not really. To. cut a long story very short. When SIL was killed my bro was given a police support worker. He was very good. He in turn put my bro in touch with a group who support people have lost loved ones through deaths like this. They gave him all options to my brother once the sentence had been given. He decided to not pursue it any further. Again that’s a long story.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The trouble is, this is about a senior member of the royal family. The ''system'' will close ranks and make it go away so as not to tarnish the institution any further so we will never know what really happened.
It may not be right and you may not like it but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
The trouble is, this is about a senior member of the royal family. The ''system'' will close ranks and make it go away so as not to tarnish the institution so we will never know what really happened.
It may not be right and you may not like it but it is what it is.
I think with Charlie and Andrews current problems along with many others over the years. That ship sailed years ago. Lord knows what royalty will be like once Lilibet is no longer with us. ☹️