The Ping Experience

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all.
I went to the ping fitting centre in Gainsborough last friday and i have to say i was amazed.If anyone is considering getting custom fitted i highly recommend going there.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going to get fitted for my G10 in December. Did they have the "Trackman" thingy there?
Were you getting fitted for irons or woods?
I'm quite interested to find out if I've been playing with a totally unsuitable driver for the last couple of years (9.5deg stiff)

Tell me all about it. So I know what to expect.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
hi atticus.
yes they used the tracman.
I was fitted with all clubs.They went through loft & lie in irons. shaft flexes in irons,driver etc.
I ended up ordering my gear at pings on the day and they are being sent to my club pro shop where i will pay for them there.
I eventualy went for
G10 draw driver.
G10 3&5 wood
g10 21deg utility
3-5 i10 irons
56,52,60 tour w wedges.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tpred, did you notice a big difference in the irons? Always wondered how much difference fitting would make on the steel shafted clubs.

Cheers

John

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
yes john i did.he gave me the i10 in regular and stiff. reg was great for me but stiff were very hard for me to hit.I ended up getting the ping awt shafts.I was surprised at the difference in them.I also tried the s58 irons which are more bladed and i struggled with them with reg and stiff .But after the fitting session i was 100% in the clubs i had chosen and the best thing was the technician would not let me settle on something until he was also sure they would siut my game.They are so very thorough in what they do but the one thing they wont do is try to sell you the clubs.They are there to fit you and advise you and the rest is up to you.I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY ENOUGH.i wish id done it a long time ago.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that, tpred.

Have been custom fit for all my Titleist "woods" and that has made a big difference to me but I have regular steel shafted Mizuno MP30 irons which I might want to replace sometime. Will obviously go for the custom fit option on any new irons too now.

Cheers

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
When i tried the stiff shaft it was like hitting a poker.Obviously my swing isnt designed for that type of shaft.But at least i now know what i need and dont need.Ijust cant wait to get the complete set out on the course.At least il have the winter to get used to them.Although i dont think they will take too much to get used to them(famous last words)

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great to hear it went so well.

Hopefully a good winter followed by the handicap tumbling next summer...

I have an appointment at the Belfry on Sunday to get fitted for my irons. :D

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant Tpred. Thanks a lot. Incidently, did they advise you to go for the draw driver? As I have a bit of a "power fade" but I have been working with my swing plane to try and turn it round a bit.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes atticus they advised me to get the draw. I hit quite a few drivers.Different shafts, heads etc.Iended up with the v2 shaft in reg and 9deg loft in the G10 draw