The omen's are good for 2007

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am taking something that happened over the festive break as a surefire sign that 2007 is going to be my best ever year on the course. The 18th at my club is a fearsome brute of a par-4 that I hadn't come close to birdieing throughout 2006, Then out of the blue in my only two rounds over Christmas, I did it twice - once the pure way with a majestic 4-iron to 4 feet, and once the scabby way with a semi-topped 5-iron to 8 feet.
I am taking both to mean that whatever shots I hit on the course in 2007, things are going to go decidedly my way.
Anyone else feeling good about next season??

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You know what they say - 'It's not how, it's how many.' I'll bet the 4 iron was more satisfying though.

It's being confident and optomistic that takes out on the course in the first place. I know that I have had a par or a birdie on every hole on my home course, and I've eagled a few of them. One day I will get them all in the same round, and I'm confident that it will be this year - or maybe next year. The thing is to enjoy the failures as much as the successes, because you will have more of them.

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dave, you're right about just enjoying the whole thing - both failure and success. That's the attitude I've had for two or three seasons now and I'm playing more consistently than ever before.

You're right about the 4-iron too - it was more satisfying in terms of execution. But the 5-iron was satisfying too as it closed out a match that was still live going up the last and I know how galling that must have been for our opponents!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
A driver off the turf on to the back of the green on my local club's stroke index 2 in the New Year's Day 3-club competition tells me that 2007 is going to be epic... the following 3-putt confirms that it will be the same as every other year!

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
I enjoyed a pretty decent round on Dec 30th, that included a solid birdie on my club's stroke index one hole in awful conditions.

The main aim for me is to try and get all components of my game working at once. At the moment it's 2 of 3 out of driving, irons and short game that seem to click at once. If I'm going to get my handicap down then I need all three to be on song at the same time. It's making the time to practice...

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed to win my family Christmas match on the 22nd. You'd think that'd be a good omen but, given that I win it every year and then go on to have mediocre seasons, I'm not taking it as one.