The Masters 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
At risk of writing a post that could age terribly, could the fact that greens are rock hard play into Rory who hits moon balls as his stock shot, and has great form around the course?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At risk of writing a post that could age terribly, could the fact that greens are rock hard play into Rory who hits moon balls as his stock shot, and has great form around the course?

it could IF his distance control with his shorter irons is good and he doesnt throw in the stinker he has many times lately. actually think coming in unfancied may suit too

assuming the greens stay firm or get firmer then it should suit the longer guys who are coming in with shorter irons, scrambling and putting going to be important too based on early coverage

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Basically comes down to the usual for Rory, if the putter turns up, he's got a chance... I just think the conditions may knock some more people out of his way.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My wife has placed a couple of bets...McIntyre - as he is from Oban and she likes that part of the world, and Westwood - as he is from Worksop and that’s where she was born...

Obviously...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Streb has just laid up short of the water at 12 with a shank :eek:

I'm normally horrific at betting but I backed Hanson at 275-1 when he had a chance in 2012. He shanked it short of water at 12, made 4 and got in the places. Job done

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I keep seeing these great golfers putting from miles off the green and continually coming up short. It must be nigh on impossible to judge the correct speed through the fairway/apron with the actual greens being so firm and fast.

The one by the young amateur on nine was a beauty. Five yards off the green pin high and finished twenty yards off the front.

Last edited: