The Machrie, Machrahanish and Machrahanish Dunes Early Autumn 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Absolutely made up this is still going ahead, honestly thought it would be off.
We'll have a great time as usual, just a bit different to previous meets.
The clubs and hotels will tell us what we are doing and itll work fine.

Properly looking forward to this as well ?

D

Deleted member 17920

You'll have a ball. Courses all great/excellent bracket. Try and take in Dunaverty if you can as its a joy.
We are playing Dunaverty on the Saturday afternoon

Mach Dunes AM
Dunaverty PM

then

Machrahanish the following morning.

As long as the weather plays ball eh :eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

Had a chat with both hotels just now.

All good and they are looking forward to our visit as much as we are.

To simply things and help them I have asked if they want a pre-order for food, Machrie are confirming and the Ugadale Hotel will want a pre-order for both nights as the original plan was a buffet/carvery as they cant do that now.

Once I have them I will email everyone with.....

Food menu choices, it will be two sittings on the Friday night to accommodate those on different ferry crossings and on the Saturday night we are all eating together at 20.00 in the restaurant, socially distanced off course apart from @Stuart_C who you will be able to hear in Glasgow :LOL:

Comp fees

Rooming info if they send this to me.

Dunaverty green fee

And a few bits of info including tee times for The Machrie, tee times for Machrahanish will be done once we find someone to play with @Captainron :oops:

Nearly there, oh what fun it has been organising this one :eek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Glyn, me and Andy greg are playing another round on the Monday in Ayrshire, so dont have a massive drive ahead of us, unlike some others, so dont mind one of the later tee times, if it helps, for the Sunday.

*subject to Jockey's ok, of course.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a chat with both hotels just now.

All good and they are looking forward to our visit as much as we are.

To simply things and help them I have asked if they want a pre-order for food, Machrie are confirming and the Ugadale Hotel will want a pre-order for both nights as the original plan was a buffet/carvery as they cant do that now.

Once I have them I will email everyone with.....

Food menu choices, it will be two sittings on the Friday night to accommodate those on different ferry crossings and on the Saturday night we are all eating together at 20.00 in the restaurant, socially distanced off course apart from @Stuart_C who you will be able to hear in Glasgow :LOL:

Comp fees

Rooming info if they send this to me.

Dunaverty green fee

And a few bits of info including tee times for The Machrie, tee times for Machrahanish will be done once we find someone to play with @Captainron :oops:

Nearly there, oh what fun it has been organising this one :eek:
Great trip you've put together Glyn during your 'rest year' & difficult circumstances ........ I really do hope everyone gets to enjoy the 'specialness' of this, out-of-the-way, part of the UK & it plays it's part & provides you with acceptable weather conditions. Best wishes to journey without incident & enjoy the beauty of that area....... oh.... & the Whiskies. :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
We are playing Dunaverty on the Saturday afternoon

Mach Dunes AM
Dunaverty PM

then

Machrahanish the following morning.

As long as the weather plays ball eh :eek:

If you can I'd suggest taking in Dunaverty with Machrihanish and not the Dunes. Mach Dunes will comfortably be your longest walk of the trip by a substantial way.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Glyn, me and Andy greg are playing another round on the Monday in Ayrshire, so dont have a massive drive ahead of us, unlike some others, so dont mind one of the later tee times, if it helps, for the Sunday.

Scratch the above, the Champions vs Villa is now a 7.15 KO on the Sunday night, so can I have an early time, please? Ideally before Stuey, so he doesnt slow me up. :D

D

Deleted member 17920

You are going out last not a problem. You are not changing after your 1st request ?
If you can I'd suggest taking in Dunaverty with Machrihanish and not the Dunes. Mach Dunes will comfortably be your longest walk of the trip by a substantial way.
no can do unfortunately as the tee times are all sorted now ?

Anyway. Have you seen this group. A fine bunch of athletes ?

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

No problem with that if it makes Glyn's job easier.
I'll probably need a lie in by then ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He won't be there. I'm going to shank one at his head this time - except I won't miss. He'll still be in A&E at Crosshouse Hospital.

?️?
Are you on this trip Crawford? I'll defo do it again before I go...... & don't ask me where!! :eek::eek: