The Machrie, Machrahanish and Machrahanish Dunes Early Autumn 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I haven’t looked at the logistics yet, but on a first come basis, I could pull in en route and put a lot of clubs, trolleys, suitcases etc in my van to make those travelling in smaller cars or a minibus to allow more room for passengers and be more comfortable.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s what made me start thinking about it from your trip last year. ?
Great to see this taking off Glynn... tough logistics for a sizable group but, 'where theres a will.....' The potential rewards are immense.
Lives long in my memory as Machrihanish was my first GM forum meet where I teamed up with Fat Tiger - Chris, Dolly,Dobson from Hull who I only knew from forum posts. Us & a guy/*** from Kent were the only Sasernacks amid Craws 30 odd Scots. Played in Aire on the way up With Farnyman on Prestwick St Nick's, my into to the GM hosting facility.... magic.
Both accommodations are outstanding even when sharing the lounge at the Mc-Lodges with Craw, haha.
Those taking longer will give the vagaries of the Scottish weather a chance to unfold..... I hope it works out for all of you which ever option you go for as I rate this WAY higher than the brilliant Royal Dornock, Castle Stuart ....which was a treat. If I still had my 'Grandad's s Buss' load of Josh, Wes & Barnsey Dave I'd be joining you.
As it is I wish you good luck , good weather & good golf. The Good Fun bit is a given.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Great to see this taking off Glynn... tough logistics for a sizable group but, 'where theres a will.....' The potential rewards are immense.
Lives long in my memory as Machrihanish was my first GM forum meet where I teamed up with Fat Tiger - Chris, Dolly,Dobson from Hull who I only knew from forum posts. Us & a guy/*** from Kent were the only Sasernacks amid Craws 30 odd Scots. Played in Aire on the way up With Farnyman on Prestwick St Nick's, my into to the GM hosting facility.... magic.
Both accommodations are outstanding even when sharing the lounge at the Mc-Lodges with Craw, haha.
Those taking longer will give the vagaries of the Scottish weather a chance to unfold..... I hope it works out for all of you which ever option you go for as I rate this WAY higher than the brilliant Royal Dornock, Castle Stuart ....which was a treat. If I still had my 'Grandad's s Buss' load of Josh, Wes & Barnsey Dave I'd be joining you.
As it is I wish you good luck , good weather & good golf. The Good Fun bit is a given.

Dolly!!!! Some things you can't un-see!

Dolly dropping his trousers after 36 holes to apply some GAC in the living room in front of us!

??????

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dolly!!!! Some things you can't un-see!

Dolly dropping his trousers after 36 holes to apply some GAC in the living room in front of us!

??????
Oooooooh.... you would go & do that wouldn't you.... could have changed my Xmas could that memory, except I've tripped with him a few times since & experienced worse. And NO...... just don't ask. :eek::eek:

D

Deleted member 1740

Dave if you can get to Carlisle I'm sure you could jump in with me and duffers if you fancy it?

Not too sure if Davemac is coming, last time I spoke to him he couldn't commit due to family holiday etc

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve looked at the ferry times, ferry costs and time it will take to get to Kennacraig, so I’ve booked a B&B in Tarbert for Wednesday night, especially with the ‘early ferry’ on Thursday morning and then playing later, makes sense to be fresh to enjoy such a great few days and golf courses.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I’ve looked at the ferry times, ferry costs and time it will take to get to Kennacraig, so I’ve booked a B&B in Tarbert for Wednesday night, especially with the ‘early ferry’ on Thursday morning and then playing later, makes sense to be fresh to enjoy such a great few days and golf courses.

Very sensible plan and Tarbert has some good eating and pubs.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Depending what motor I’ve got, if i drive, will be to pick people up on route.

Not sure whether heading to Scotland or woodhall yet...

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it is I wish you good luck , good weather & good golf. The Good Fun bit is a given.[/QUOTE
With regards to weather, if u go knowing theres a chance of crap weather and its then fine , then uve won a watch. ? im following thisnwith interest.