The Machrie, Machrahanish and Machrahanish Dunes Early Autumn 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

What.A.Trip.

A massive thank you to @Lincoln Quaker and his sidekick @Captainron for arranging another tremendous golf trip.

We only done the Mach Dunes/Dunaverty/Mach part of it but by the sounds of it we’ve missed a cracker at The Machrie. We started early Friday morning with a trip to Glasgow Gailes courtesy of @Jacko_G, a really good track then on Upto Machrihanish. We ended it yesterday at Kilmarnock Barassie, another really good course in good nick.

Mach Dunes was an absolute rasper. I’m not usually a fan of courses with blind shots but this is a beauty. Can’t wait to go back.

Dunaverty was a quirky fun track. Bit of a trek after playing Dunes but a really enjoyable course.

Mcahrihannish was immense. I found the front 9 really tough but some brilliant holes and enjoyed every minute of it.

It was great to see a few new faces along with the same old ugly mugs too.

looking forward to the next one.

D

Deleted member 17920

Wow, Just wow.

Thanks for so many positive comments.

The courses were magnificent, the hotels and food superb and the weather for October was just the icing on the cake.

This has to be the hardest meet I have had to arrange in all the time that I have been doing these.

Its taken well over 100 hours of my time to do this one, the stress with hotels and dealing with 4 different courses, 2 hotels and so many different people down to furlough issues I was amazed we actually got to go.

We had over 60 names at one point and eventually ended up with 28 on the trip so whilst not the biggest its certainly been the most eventful.

Thanks to @Captainron for helping with the comps and tee times as his work has been invaluable on this trip. He listens to me whilst I am stressing and this trip has been a lot of stress getting to the point where it nearly got cancelled a few days before the event but one hotel went above and beyond to make sure we still got to go.

As for next years meet............

I think we are going to a break on organising these as we have had a good run but I could do with a break.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Wow, Just wow.

The courses were magnificent, the hotels and food superb and the weather for October was just the icing on the cake.

This has to be the hardest meet I have had to arrange in all the time that I have been doing these.

Its taken well over 100 hours of my time to do this one, the stress with hotels and dealing with 4 different courses, 2 hotels and so many different people down to furlough issues I was amazed we actually got to go.

We had over 60 names at one point and eventually ended up with 28 on the trip so whilst not the biggest its certainly been the most eventful.

Thanks to @Captainron for helping with the comps and tee times as his work has been invaluable on this trip. He listens to me whilst I am stressing and this trip has been a lot of stress getting to the point where it nearly got cancelled a few days before the event but one hotel went above and beyond to make sure we still got to go.

I think we are going to a break on organising these as we have had a good run but I could do with a break.
KFC’s across the country will be devastated to hear that you’re not out and about as much for golf trips moving forward

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’ve seen just how much work @Lincoln Quaker puts into getting these trips done. Most of them take 2 years to put together because of all the research that he puts in before he even picks up the phone to a venue in anger.

This trip was fantastic and I’m glad he (we to a lesser extent) went out on a massive high.

D

Deleted member 21258

Oh that's shame, hope you return to organising trips at sometime in the future. They are great fun for 'us people' who just attend, enjoy it and I am very grateful for the trips I attended.

D

Deleted member 1740

So sorry to have missed the last trip you've organised but fully understand why you would need a break. (y) for all that you have done Glyn and Cam.

Stop encouraging him, he doesn’t need a break. ??

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, Just wow.

100 hours is incredible and an amazing feat to get the job done.
Well done