The Isle of Wight

Simonsmh

Visit site
Afternoon all

Anybody on here a member at a course on the IOW?

Or has anybody played any of the courses there? Heading there for a week with the family and planning on taking the clubs with me. Would be interested to hear from anybody that has played there.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The two best courses are Shanklin & Sandown and Freshwater, both pretty decent.

PS....it's Isle of Wight ?

sunshine

Visit site
Which courses are you thinking of playing? Maybe the forum will be more helpful if you are specific.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I played Freshwater on Monday, I have played it a few times. It’s quite a tough course especially if the wind is blowing, ball is almost alway above or below your feet, their are some very slopey fairways, and some of the greens are pretty small. But as said above the views are amazing.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Shanklin and Sandown is a nice course but the last couple of holes are a bit of a let down....but definitely worth a holiday knock and a sample of a couple of pints of Ducks Folly (local Goddards brewery) afterwards.

Osborne is OK for a quick nine holes....its OK but it doesnt quite stick in my mind like S&S does.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a club match with Freshwater Bay GC so go over there every two years. Lovely course, not long at around 5750 yards or so but no pushover especially when the wind blows which seems to be a permanent feature, certainly when I've been there. Really friendly club and a great atmosphere in the 19th