the good the bad the ugly

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just got back from golf played at the windmill village in Birmingham and hit a 99 and its a short course. I couldnt drive, use my irons or chip and putt, and in the last few weeks feel I have been playing well. I feel I have improved as a golfer, I have been playing just over 3 years and have got my handicap down from 24 to 18. My last 4 scores have been 89,97,82 and 99, which are very up and down scores. Do other golfers get these varied results? Sometimes I have a bad hole and play terrible after as i think I will not get a good score. Maybe I think I am better than I really am.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Could it not just be you are an 18 handicap? Surely this says that you are averaging a bogey a hole so not as consistant as you would hope.

Look at golf professionals they score a 62 one day and a 77 the next. if they can have a 15 shot swing over two rounds why can't you score 17 of a difference? After all you don't practice as much as they do.

As your handicap gets lower or as the years go on you will get more consistant. Your handicap may not get lower (But it might) you will just have less bad days. Pro's are the same more scores of par and below than par and above. Unless of course you are Michael Campbell :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
Thinking of it like that, i can see your right. Its just frustrating when one day you shank one shot the next day its about 10. I guess thats golf for you. I am playing tomorrow so hopefully will have a good day.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have just got back from golf played at the windmill village in Birmingham and hit a 99 and its a short course. I couldnt drive, use my irons or chip

The windmill course....a short course....couldn't drive, use your irons or chip...

So basically you took 99 on crazy golf? x