The EFL Thread

4LEX

Visit site
Is there a worse team over the Easter period than Leeds?

Every bloody season

Some really poor results but you've been bailed out by Leicester falling apart and Ipswich not taking advantage. Southampton with 2 games in hand could come back into it, especially as they play Leicester and Leeds.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One game down, four to go. I'll keep believing until its mathematically impossible. One things for sure its going to be one hell of a last day of the season!
And on the other hand we seem to be hitting a bit of form again after a little wobble while those around are struggling, so if we do end up in the play offs I quite fancy our chances

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
One game down, four to go. I'll keep believing until its mathematically impossible. One things for sure its going to be one hell of a last day of the season!
And on the other hand we seem to be hitting a bit of form again after a little wobble while those around are struggling, so if we do end up in the play offs I quite fancy our chances

You’ve still got it in your own hands with who you play in the next 4 games. Cardiff, Leicester, Stoke, Leeds.

Guess you’ll be supporting West Brom, Preston, Middlesbrough and Leeds in 4 fixtures.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Leeds 3rd goal was "so offside"....according to one of my Ipswich Town supporting mates.

Was it?

It was offside. There were 2 Leeds players in an offside position, the ball going to one of them for the goal. To be fair to the linesman, he was unsighted by the Leeds player who didn’t receive the ball. It could have been 2-5 to Leeds by halftime. 2-3, at that point, flattered the Boro a bit. I’d say Boro had a bit more of the second half than Leeds, and had the ball bobbling in their area a few times but they weren’t great chances. Leeds defended well when they had to.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It was offside. There were 2 Leeds players in an offside position, the ball going to one of them for the goal. To be fair to the linesman, he was unsighted by the Leeds player who didn’t receive the ball. It could have been 2-5 to Leeds by halftime. 2-3, at that point, flattered the Boro a bit. I’d say Boro had a bit more of the second half than Leeds, and had the ball bobbling in their area a few times but they weren’t great chances. Leeds defended well when they had to.
ah well....still...keeps things very interesting at the top!!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Hull/Ipswich tomorrow has much at stake.
A must-win for Hull if they want to make the play-offs.
A must-win for Ipswich if they want automatic promotion and/or the top spot.

Whoever it turns out to be, the play-off games could be great games to watch. So much at stake for that 3rd promotion place.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hull/Ipswich tomorrow has much at stake.
A must-win for Hull if they want to make the play-offs.
A must-win for Ipswich if they want automatic promotion and/or the top spot.

Whoever it turns out to be, the play-off games could be great games to watch. So much at stake for that 3rd promotion place.

I LOVE the play offs. I've been to two finals (one loss and win) amazing atmosphere and we have won it twice so 2 more trophies than spurs 🤣

It makes it so exciting, id almost love to see 18th and 17th in the premier league need a play off to be relegated

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I LOVE the play offs. I've been to two finals (one loss and win) amazing atmosphere and we have won it twice so 2 more trophies than spurs 🤣

It makes it so exciting, id almost love to see 18th and 17th in the premier league need a play off to be relegated
I hate the play off finals, as been to four and lost them all.:mad:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate the play off finals, as been to four and lost them all.:mad:

Yeah the palace one we lost wasnt nice. I mean the trip was amazing because we stayed in Celtic manor and turned out so did the team! Got all the players to sign our shirts

Everyone with a healthy breaky except Brian Deane tucking into a full English 🤣

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Ipswich have that auto spot in their own hands now - well...

5 points needed from three games - Hull have something to play for, Coventry on the beach, and Huddersfield could well be relegated tomorrow so will have nothing to play for in the last match.

My money would be on a promotion party at Portman Road next weekend.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Well, I didn’t see that coming. QPR 4-0 Leeds.

My wife is a Leicester fan so we watched and I must say Leeds got what they deserved. They were bad. Really bad. And the worry for them is that they have no momentum going into the playoffs, if that’s where they end up, as seems likely.