The EFL Thread

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last chance (for a while) for Rotherham to try and win an away match in the championship. An achievement not accomplished since Nov 22 so not hopeful

4LEX

Visit site
Great end to the season from Reading today. Over 18,000 turned up to a dead rubber and we put in a top performance to deny Blackpool a place in the play offs with a 3-2 win.

The takeover looks very close with the potential new owners having had all the shares in the club and training ground transfered to them as security for the money they've lent the club during the exclusivity period. Expect it to be announced in the next week or two.

With a top quality young side, manager and a brilliant Director of Football - I can see us winning the league next season if we can keep our best players and bring in the targets we've got lined up. All frees of course as we'll still be banned from paying fees until next summer. After a chaotic season it's good to finish on a high!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last chance (for a while) for Rotherham to try and win an away match in the championship. An achievement not accomplished since Nov 22 so not hopeful
We have broken a few unwanted records this season:
It is the first time a team in England's top four divisions has completed a league campaign without an away victory since the Yorkshire club failed to win on the road in 2016-17, when they were also relegated from the Championship.

The two goals conceded also meant they became the first side in the top four divisions to ship 60 or more away goals during a season since that Rotherham team of 2016-17, which shipped 64.

On the plus side, we have got more points this year than our worst season in the championship (23) as we now have 24!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We have broken a few unwanted records this season:
It is the first time a team in England's top four divisions has completed a league campaign without an away victory since the Yorkshire club failed to win on the road in 2016-17, when they were also relegated from the Championship.

The two goals conceded also meant they became the first side in the top four divisions to ship 60 or more away goals during a season since that Rotherham team of 2016-17, which shipped 64.

On the plus side, we have got more points this year than our worst season in the championship (23) as we now have 24!

My cousin is on the board at Rotherham mate - to be honest, it's an achievement for them to be able to get into the championship which is now a very financially challenging division to compete in. I'm sure they'll be up the sharp end of League 1 next year, as I hope my team (Huddersfield) will be.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My cousin is on the board at Rotherham mate - to be honest, it's an achievement for them to be able to get into the championship which is now a very financially challenging division to compete in. I'm sure they'll be up the sharp end of League 1 next year, as I hope my team (Huddersfield) will be.
On the basis that Huddersfield will be relegated apart from a miracle who do you think the 3rd team will be?

4LEX

Visit site
League One will be interesting next season.

Would expect Rotherham to be up there with Evans and his proven ugly winning football. Birmingham too if they go down as they'll look to buy their way out. Then you've got Charlton under Jones who has has turned their season around from looking like getting relegated at one point. I think Reading will be right up there pending a takeover. Wrexham will also spend big and challenge.

Would like Bolton to go up as they're clearly a cut above anyone in the play offs and if they fail then they'd walk the league next season.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Great end to the season from Reading today. Over 18,000 turned up to a dead rubber and we put in a top performance to deny Blackpool a place in the play offs with a 3-2 win.

The takeover looks very close with the potential new owners having had all the shares in the club and training ground transfered to them as security for the money they've lent the club during the exclusivity period. Expect it to be announced in the next week or two.

With a top quality young side, manager and a brilliant Director of Football - I can see us winning the league next season if we can keep our best players and bring in the targets we've got lined up. All frees of course as we'll still be banned from paying fees until next summer. After a chaotic season it's good to finish on a high!
Good game and atmosphere for a dead rubber.

Smith, Azeez, Wing, Knibbs and Bindon could defintely play at Championship level. Really need a left sided midfield player, couple of defenders and a keeper. Think Azeez will be off though as out of contract. Shame if he does as he really excites the crowd when on the ball, and is the winger we have been missing since Convey and Little.:)

4LEX

Visit site
Good game and atmosphere for a dead rubber.

Smith, Azeez, Wing, Knibbs and Bindon could defintely play at Championship level. Really need a left sided midfield player, couple of defenders and a keeper. Think Azeez will be off though as out of contract. Shame if he does as he really excites the crowd when on the ball, and is the winger we have been missing since Convey and Little.:)

Agreed on the LW. Kelvin tries and he's OK for a mid table side but if we want to challenge we need a proper winger. Likewise he's a striker rather than a winger. Hopefully he has a good pre season, fills out and can be useful up top next season. Camara looked good at LW when he came on and showed what happens when you've got someone skillful and quick there.

I think we need a new keeper too. My list would be GK, CB with pace, LB, box to box CM, LW and we need another striker too. If we can do that then I really think we'll challennge for automatic promotion because the standard is really poor in this league. I've been to over 25 games and not one side stood out as being anything other than just above average.

Azeez will be a huge miss, rarely seen someone go from absolutely no end product to scoring worldies and creating every other week the way he did from November onwards! Would like to see him stay and give it a crack next season in a proper team but money talks and we're still under restrictions, so he can probably get 15k plus in the Championship. Would love us to sign a pace merchant like Kebe again, proper winger and one of my favourites. I felt Jobi and him on the wings wasn't far off Convey and Little!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
League One will be interesting next season.

Would expect Rotherham to be up there with Evans and his proven ugly winning football. Birmingham too if they go down as they'll look to buy their way out. Then you've got Charlton under Jones who has has turned their season around from looking like getting relegated at one point. I think Reading will be right up there pending a takeover. Wrexham will also spend big and challenge.

Would like Bolton to go up as they're clearly a cut above anyone in the play offs and if they fail then they'd walk the league next season.
Oi what about the mighty Stags under Nigel Cloughs barmy army. Aka Mansfield Town. They had a parade last weekend to celebrate Promotion. I think they borrowed Liverpools bus as it won’t get much use this season. The local Mansfield district council to celebrate the promotion spent £10 on bunting 🤬

sunshine

Visit site
I know this is a little premature, but what an achievement from Ipswich: back to back promotions and incredible that they will be in the premier league next season.

I fully expect they will get the point they need against Hudderfield, who are already relegated and have nothing to play for.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I know this is a little premature, but what an achievement from Ipswich: back to back promotions and incredible that they will be in the premier league next season.

I fully expect they will get the point they need against Hudderfield, who are already relegated and have nothing to play for.
It’s not over yet. Playing for a draw can be a dangerous thing.

Not that I expect the dog fiddlers to do us any favours.

4LEX

Visit site
Oi what about the mighty Stags under Nigel Cloughs barmy army. Aka Mansfield Town. They had a parade last weekend to celebrate Promotion. I think they borrowed Liverpools bus as it won’t get much use this season. The local Mansfield district council to celebrate the promotion spent £10 on bunting 🤬
Rumours they're after Sean Longstaff from Notts County for over a million. Sounds a bit dodgy....

4LEX

Visit site

Definite Manager of the Year in all divisions for me.

Leeds really have themselves to blame, dropped too many cheap points on the road. For my money the best team in the Championship but towards the end both strikers went missing. Like to see Leeds go up, proper club and way to big for that league.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Definite Manager of the Year in all divisions for me.

Leeds really have themselves to blame, dropped too many cheap points on the road. For my money the best team in the Championship but towards the end both strikers went missing. Like to see Leeds go up, proper club and way to big for that league.
Some of my mates are Leeds fans,they don’t half talk some 💩.
Would be happy to see them stay in the Championship ☺️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine is going from Mansfield to Ipswich Saturday morning. A lifelong tractors fan. He is very very excited. Wants to be there should they get over the line. Says tickets for the game are like Willy Wonka golden tickets.