The EFL Thread

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
2 nil up at half time, could easily have been 4...nervous as heck now, looking fragile down our right back area...will those misses come back to bite us?

Driving me nuts. Did a great job on Leicester away last week, and can’t do a thing right this week. Fair play to Plymouth, they’re bossing it.

D

Deleted member 35504

Driving me nuts. Did a great job on Leicester away last week, and can’t do a thing right this week. Fair play to Plymouth, they’re bossing it.
We were horrendous Tuesday night v WBA, didn't have a shot on target. Team and manager been hammered by the fans this week online, today is opposite end of the scale.

So far......

4LEX

Visit site
Weird game today. Two down within 4 minutes and then battered Shrewsbury and get it back to 2-2 before conceding a world class strike in first half injury time. Very poor second half but felt like we deserved a point.

Good to see Leeds do us a favour and the 106 record looks safer than it was a few weeks ago :sneaky:(y)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Weird game today. Two down within 4 minutes and then battered Shrewsbury and get it back to 2-2 before conceding a world class strike in first half injury time. Very poor second half but felt like we deserved a point.

Good to see Leeds do us a favour and the 106 record looks safer than it was a few weeks ago :sneaky:(y)
Yep.
The 78 points over 34 games extrapolates to only 105.5 for 46 games.
No longer "on schedule".

Away to Bournemouth in the week and their recent form is pretty poor as well.

D

Deleted member 35504

MASSIVE win for the Green Army yesterday at Boro with most teams below us also winning.

We've not directly been in the relegation zone all season, however realistically we're not far off... To start slipping down there now would be heartbreaking...

Still a long way to go but getting closer to staying up each week, this is massive for a club like ours 🤞

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Starting to look like we don't want to get promoted 🙄 Teams have seemingly sussed out how to play against us and it looks like the manager won't change it whichbis worrying. Hopefully its a blip but time will tell. Until its mathematical then I'll keep believing but play offs are looking far more likely than automatic

4LEX

Visit site
Yep.
The 78 points over 34 games extrapolates to only 105.5 for 46 games.
No longer "on schedule".

Away to Bournemouth in the week and their recent form is pretty poor as well.

The fact Leeds are on a crazy run and you want the Championship might well help push you over the line. I thought you were superb on Friday.

sunshine

Visit site
Middlesbrough have passed on the names of two individuals seen in the vid to the Police. They have had their ST suspended pending a (possible/probable) conviction.

The championship is home to a lot of scum. Millwall, Leeds, Stoke, Cardiff to name a few have a large contingent of vile “fans”

I know every club has them, but some seem to attract more than others.

sunshine

Visit site
10 points from 15 in February for QPR and we crawl out of the relegation zone for the first time since September.

It’s taken months to undo all the damage Gareth Ainsworth did. Hopefully we can hang on to Marti Cifuentes because things are looking up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
10 points from 15 in February for QPR and we crawl out of the relegation zone for the first time since September.

It’s taken months to undo all the damage Gareth Ainsworth did. Hopefully we can hang on to Marti Cifuentes because things are looking up.
Bit harsh on Ainsworth. He came into a stinking mess. Good to see them starting to make progress though

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not sure about anyone else but due to a certain documentary series I keep an eye on how Wrexham are getting on these days

Seem to be doing alright in League 2, could certainly finish high enough to have a chance of going up in back to back seasons.

Looks mega competitive though, 5 points separates 1st and 5th... (couples of games in hand here and there)

D

Deleted member 35504

Rotherham’s keeper has just been voted MoM for the 3rd time in 4 matches (and probably has more than the rest put together). Just shows how are season is going
Colleague of mine is a Sheff U fan.
He says, yeah it was great to get back to the Premier League but the novelty of watching his team get battered most weeks quickly wears off, so the fans are kind of looking forward to getting back in the Championship and starting again.

Is that the same for you guys? Could have easily happened to us so there but for the grace of... etc

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He says, yeah it was great to get back to the Premier League but the novelty of watching his team get battered most weeks quickly wears off, so the fans are kind of looking forward to getting back in the Championship and starting again.

Is that the same for you guys? Could have easily happened to us so there but for the grace of... etc
We need a Championship Div 2 - been promoted and relegated between Championship and L1 6 times in last 7 seasons. We do ok in L1 but nowhere near competitive at Championship level as we Gp have no money to spare. We have only paid cash for 1 player in the 2 years we have been in the Championship this time, rest are freebies or loan players

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

As a Villa fan who attended when we were in the championship - I think its a great league!

We had season after season after season of being pummeled in the prem when our old ownership didn't want to spend the money, having a few years of being competitive and winning more than we lost was great fun!

Also some great grounds, great fanbases and great memories. I checked on Saturday and I think I've done the vast majority of the championship stadiums from the current crop, some belters in there.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Loved last season at the Boro, and would have loved promotion but, equally, I’ve seen too many relegation battles from the Prem. I’d rather have a season like the last one, seeing great matches and lots of goals. If, when, the Boro do get promoted into the Prem I want top 10 with a chance of the fringe European places or I’m not interested.

I’ve seen me look at the fixture list, whilst in the Prem, and dread the next few matches. The return journeys from away matches after yet another battering have been dire. A bus full of miserable, bad tempered, sometimes half pissed men doesn’t make for a great Saturday night. And at the fag end of a season, going to home games praying it doesn’t get any worse than 0-2.

Whoever goes up needs to get away from being a yo-yo club.