The EFL Thread

D

Deleted member 35504

At least you know there are are only 2 spare slots in the relegation zone as we have last place secured 🤬
Was kind of banking on that, sorry ... Jeez if you lot close the gap we ARE in trouble...
We're at your place 6th April, hate to say it but that is definitely a "Must Win" in our position...But who knows? :unsure:🤷‍♂️

I was at the home fixture for us, Whittaker edged it for us 6 minutes into injury time so was pretty even.

4LEX

Visit site
Had it on good authority that Reading won't be able to pay this months wages in full, unless outside help comes forward through the sponsors or crowdfunding from fans. So it looks highly likely the 2 points suspended will be added on which will mean 20 points deducted in 3 seasons :cautious::mad:

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was kind of banking on that, sorry ... Jeez if you lot close the gap we ARE in trouble...
We're at your place 6th April, hate to say it but that is definitely a "Must Win" in our position...But who knows? :unsure:🤷‍♂️

I was at the home fixture for us, Whittaker edged it for us 6 minutes into injury time so was pretty even.
Game moved to Friday 5 April and on Sky at 8pm - not sure if i will be able to bring myself to watch

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Had it on good authority that Reading won't be able to pay this months wages in full, unless outside help comes forward through the sponsors or crowdfunding from fans. So it looks highly likely the 2 points suspended will be added on which will mean 20 points deducted in 3 seasons :cautious::mad:
At this rate our protest will be in the second half.:mad:

4LEX

Visit site
At this rate our protest will be in the second half.:mad:

I'd laugh if it wasn't so ridiculous! I had a chat with Sir John today and he's distraught about the situation. Sad to see a man that did so much for the club helpless to do anything about it. On the plus side biggest crowd expected tomorrow and hopefully a good atmosphere and 3 points! Are you going?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd laugh if it wasn't so ridiculous! I had a chat with Sir John today and he's distraught about the situation. Sad to see a man that did so much for the club helpless to do anything about it. On the plus side biggest crowd expected tomorrow and hopefully a good atmosphere and 3 points! Are you going?
I will be there with daughter and golf mate. Should be a good atmosphere. Just hope McCleary doesn't do what most ex Reading players do and score against us.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Four wins on the bounce for us out of nowhere :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Expect it to come crashing down to earth next week when we head down west but at least I'll be in Albufeira for it

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People are now placing bets on whether Rotherham will be the first championship side to concede 100 goals in a season - currently on 77. 16 in last 4 away games 🤬

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could be Port Vale fan. A mate at work is. Second in the league after eight game I think it was. Now adrift at the bottom and doomed. Ticket holder not even bothering to turn up apparently. But they do have a state of the art scored board and super duper facilities in the bar area. Stoke are putting up a fight, much to the annoyance of Vale fans. On a lighter note, watch out for big mouth Robbie Savage being every where this week. Macclesfield won at a canter yesterday in the Fa Trophy and are now in to the semi finals. A home draw is what we want

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People are now placing bets on whether Rotherham will be the first championship side to concede 100 goals in a season - currently on 77. 16 in last 4 away games 🤬

The side looked lost and devoid of any hope or spirit yesterday. As soon as the first goal went in the game was over. Very hard when a squad doesn’t believe it can compete.

I felt for the Rotherham fans, not much fun in a run like this.

Don’t think you’ll concede 100 goals though. Doubt our xg was as high as 5 given two were brilliant strikes, and we didn’t have many chances other than the goals

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The side looked lost and devoid of any hope or spirit yesterday. As soon as the first goal went in the game was over. Very hard when a squad doesn’t believe it can compete.

I felt for the Rotherham fans, not much fun in a run like this.

Don’t think you’ll concede 100 goals though. Doubt our xg was as high as 5 given two were brilliant strikes, and we didn’t have many chances other than the goals
You need to be a hell of an optimist to continue to travel to watch a team that hasn’t won away for nearly 18 months 😢

And I may still go to watch them when they come down to Bristol City next month

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You need to be a hell of an optimist to continue to travel to watch a team that hasn’t won away for nearly 18 months 😢

And I may still go to watch them when they come down to Bristol City next month

I can empathise because I know what it’s like watching us in the EPL 🤢

4LEX

Visit site
I will be there with daughter and golf mate. Should be a good atmosphere. Just hope McCleary doesn't do what most ex Reading players do and score against us.

That was a tough watch in the first half! Probably up there with Fleetwood home as the most feeble 45 minutes of the season. On Selles for me for not getting the team fired up and then failing to switch Craig for Savage when it was clear it wasn't working. Second half we looked a different team and those one on ones missed by Knibbs and Smith cost us! Another world class goal from an away team and a cheap mistake cost us.

Not good news Yongge is wanting to sell Bearwood separately, first sign of asset stripping. Thankfully it looks like the land has some sort of protection and I don't think in the circumstances anyone would get permission to knock it down and build houses but still very worrying.

D

Deleted member 35504

Good result for us lot tonight, well done Finn Azaz and Boro...

Nothing against Birmingham, but would be a real shame to see young Mr Stansfield relegated.... ;)

4LEX

Visit site
Lost 2-1 at Derby and didn't really turn up but done over by some shocking decisions. Derby's first was offside, then the cheapest second yellow card you'll ever see followed by Gayle winning a penalty after handballing it! :mad: