The Cheltenham Festival

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Seems like Thursday is continuing to be the day that kicks me in the balls ?

The Storyteller was unlucky, travelled very well to the last but just met one...

A Plus Tard was disappointing, expected a better run.

D

Deleted member 1740

Feeling very sorry for myself here having had Melon and Saint Calvados both at big prices :(

Just need a Fitzhenry win to complete a double and 2 singles of the speculative L15 and salvage a bit of dosh otherwise it's cold beans for tea☹

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing today.

13.30 - wave of the sea (e/w)

Treble with Goshen, Saint Roi and Latest Exhibition.

Might have a pound or 2 during the day too.

D

Deleted member 1740

Car crash Thursday continues.....

Hopefully the usual gold cup friday success returns

Day 4

1:30 Solo
2:10 Mohaayed
2:50 Thyme Hill, Oscar Acadamey e/w
3:30 Delta work
4:10 Alcala
4:50
Us and Them ew
5:30 Escaria Ten

Good luck all

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Today’s picks
1.30 Solo
2.10 Mohayyed
3.30 Al Boum Photo
4.10 Shantou Flyer

Was also going to go with Thyme Hill, but Hobbs’s horses not running well this week.

Just heard that Warner Bros have pushed back the release of Dream Horse from 17 April - it’s about Dream Alliance who I had a share in.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Turned the week around in just two races. Al Boum Photo in the Gold Cup and also the forecast with Santini. It’s my favourite race of the year and picking the winner makes my week whatever else happens.
I had seen how Gordon Elliot had been plotting his horses in the handicaps and put a chunk of the Gold Cup winnings on Chosen Mate and put his other horse in the forecast.

D

Deleted member 1740

Car crash. Absolute carnage.......Midlands Nash tomorrow ........ we go again??

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’m not a horse betting person, but was told way back in January to bet on Maria’s Rock, so I stuck £50 on it with Sky Bet and forgot about it.

Had a look on Sky Bet Thursday night and it was down as lost, so looked at the field to see where it came and it wasn’t listed! Googled the horses name and found out it had been withdrawn, but my money wasn’t back in my account!

Sent them a message only to be told it was ‘antepost’ whatever the fcuk that it is, and was told I’d lost my money/stake?

So my horse didn’t race, wasn’t even at Cheltenham yet they’ve stolen my stake, Sky Bet are feckin thieves ?

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m not a horse betting person, but was told way back in January to bet on Maria’s Rock, so I stuck £50 on it with Sky Bet and forgot about it.

Had a look on Sky Bet Thursday night and it was down as lost, so looked at the field to see where it came and it wasn’t listed! Googled the horses name and found out it had been withdrawn, but my money wasn’t back in my account!

Sent them a message only to be told it was ‘antepost’ whatever the fcuk that it is, and was told I’d lost my money/stake?

So my horse didn’t race, wasn’t even at Cheltenham yet they’ve stolen my stake, Sky Bet are feckin thieves ?

That's exactly how antepost betting works. You'll (usually) get a higher price than you would if you back on the day but then there's obviously the risk that your horse doesn't even run. This isn't just skybet, each and every bookmaker treat antepost bets exactly the same.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Am afraid that is the norm, Fish. It's not just Sky Bet that do this. Ante post betting is putting a bet on a horse before the final declaration of whether it is going to run (for jump racing I think that is the day before the race). If you back a horse before it's formally declared to run, then you are taking a chance - and will lose your bet if it doesn't. People usually do ante post betting because you can often get better odd than the starting price. But its risky.

D

Deleted member 1740

They havent stolen your stake at all. School boy error here I'm afraid Fishy.

Antepost rules are clear to the normal punter, better odds offered but takes your chance of it running in that particular race.