The bent left arm fault

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The bent left arm ( right hander ) at the end of the backswing has plagued me since i started playing

I think i may have found a reason as i have worked on most of the other reasons such as disconnection etc

With my grip too tight the wrist cock actually ended bending my left arm slightly

If i loosened the grip and forgot the forced wrist cock the left arm stayed straight and the weight of the club cocked the wrists without forcing it.

I still kept the focus of keeping tops of arms connected but forcing a wrist cock may have been breaking my left arm

I have also worked hard on keeping the connection until after impact but if yyou have a bent left arm at the top it seems to stay bent at impact !

I have also tried really hard to reduce my back swing which is even harder to make happen after many years, but the bent left arm does seem to be the result of forcing a wrist cock which was not a natural movement and instead i was breaking my left arm elbow slightly

Anybody else seen this or solved this issue ?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The bent left arm ( right hander ) at the end of the backswing has plagued me since i started playing

I think i may have found a reason as i have worked on most of the other reasons such as disconnection etc

With my grip too tight the wrist cock actually ended bending my left arm slightly

If i loosened the grip and forgot the forced wrist cock the left arm stayed straight and the weight of the club cocked the wrists without forcing it.

I still kept the focus of keeping tops of arms connected but forcing a wrist cock may have been breaking my left arm

I have also worked hard on keeping the connection until after impact but if yyou have a bent left arm at the top it seems to stay bent at impact !

I have also tried really hard to reduce my back swing which is even harder to make happen after many years, but the bent left arm does seem to be the result of forcing a wrist cock which was not a natural movement and instead i was breaking my left arm elbow slightly

Anybody else seen this or solved this issue ?

Addition..............

Holding the left hand grip too palmy has also caused the issue i feel, unable to make natural wrist cock because of left hand grip

Changed left hand to more in the fingers and the wrist cock is easier and in turn left arm bends less so nealry straight

A fix at last perhaps, a lesson here never under estimate the importance of the grip