Help to Bow the left wrist

Skytot

Visit site
I went for a lesson tonight and pro said I’m Cupping my left wrist at the top of my backswing. He told me I need to Bow my left wrist . I found this really hard and quite frustrating.. Does anyone know of and golf training aids that might help in achieving a bowed or straight wrist ?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Until someone with any sense comes along, you might find it easier to think about moving your right wrist so that at the top of your swing you could balance a tea tray on it I.e. palm facing the sky

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I went for a lesson tonight and pro said I’m Cupping my left wrist at the top of my backswing. He told me I need to Bow my left wrist . I found this really hard and quite frustrating.. Does anyone know of and golf training aids that might help in achieving a bowed or straight wrist ?
You could try putting a long tee peg (or a really short piece of plastic) down the glove where it velcros together. This should then dig into the back of your hand when you cup your wrist.
I had to do this for a while, and it worked for me.

Skytot

Visit site
You could try putting a long tee peg (or a really short piece of plastic) down the glove where it velcros together. This should then dig into the back of your hand when you cup your wrist.
I had to do this for a while, and it worked for me.
Cheers , good idea . What was your shot shape before ? And after ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Until someone with any sense comes along, you might find it easier to think about moving your right wrist so that at the top of your swing you could balance a tea tray on it I.e. palm facing the sky
This is exactly the solution tip our pro gave to a mate of mine to help him sort out his high slice. It has worked a treat.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How ironic. I’ve been told to do the opposite! Wanna swap, I throw in a pink castle tee.

Ok seriously, my pro reckons the majority of my bowing is caused via the grip. We have corrected this to a more neutral grip to start with. I have a swing glide and grip pro fitted to an old iron, he’s going to it set it slightly weaker and just get me swinging for 5 mins a day to set the wrists into the correct habit, maybe similar but reversed could work?

tobybarker

Visit site
Do what this chap tells you....he knows a thing or two......I've just started doing this and its simply amazing

AshtonDavies

Visit site
Yes, there are several golf training aids that can help you achieve a bowed or straight wrist at the top of your backswing. Here are a few options:
  1. Impact Snap: The Impact Snap is a training aid that teaches you to get the correct wrist position at impact by forcing you to feel the correct movements in your wrists and forearms. It can also be used to train a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing.
  2. Smart Ball: The Smart Ball is an inflatable ball that you place between your forearms to help you achieve the correct wrist position and prevent cupping at the top of your backswing.
  3. Hanger Training Aid: The Hanger Training Aid is a device that attaches to your club and helps you achieve a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing. It provides feedback by making a noise if you cup your wrist or release too early.
  4. Tour Striker Smart Ball: This is another training aid that helps you achieve the correct wrist position at the top of the backswing. It is similar to the Smart Ball but has a slightly different design.
  5. Swingyde: The Swingyde is a simple training aid that attaches to your club and helps you achieve a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing. It is designed to help you maintain a straight left wrist throughout the swing.
These are just a few examples of training aids that can help you achieve a bowed or straight wrist at the top of your backswing. It's important to remember that using a training aid is not a substitute for proper instruction from a qualified golf instructor.

Skytot

Visit site
Tha
Yes, there are several golf training aids that can help you achieve a bowed or straight wrist at the top of your backswing. Here are a few options:
  1. Impact Snap: The Impact Snap is a training aid that teaches you to get the correct wrist position at impact by forcing you to feel the correct movements in your wrists and forearms. It can also be used to train a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing.
  2. Smart Ball: The Smart Ball is an inflatable ball that you place between your forearms to help you achieve the correct wrist position and prevent cupping at the top of your backswing.
  3. Hanger Training Aid: The Hanger Training Aid is a device that attaches to your club and helps you achieve a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing. It provides feedback by making a noise if you cup your wrist or release too early.
  4. Tour Striker Smart Ball: This is another training aid that helps you achieve the correct wrist position at the top of the backswing. It is similar to the Smart Ball but has a slightly different design.
  5. Swingyde: The Swingyde is a simple training aid that attaches to your club and helps you achieve a proper wrist position at the top of the backswing. It is designed to help you maintain a straight left wrist throughout the swing.
These are just a few examples of training aids that can help you achieve a bowed or straight wrist at the top of your backswing. It's important to remember that using a training aid is not a substitute for proper instruction from a qualified golf instructor.
nks Ashton , it just so happens I ordered a Swinglyde last night ( well a fake one ) . Looking forward to giving it a try , seen some very good reviews from good pros

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's putting your wrists in a very unnatural contrived position, you will have an extremely bowed left wrist. Dustin Johnson may get away with it but you will find it hard to strike the ball well like that.

The natural way to move the arms and wrists are from address to over the edge of the trail shoulder then back down to the ball. If you keep your wrists relaxed they will set and release in the correct sequence, tension is a killer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Are you sure you heard him correctly?
He may have said ''try and feel as if your left wrist is bowed'' as that would help you flatten the left wrist.
If you want consistency, do not bow your left wrist.