the benefits of not playing golf!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
realised today that for the first time since i started playing i don't have a white left hand and a tanned right

any others??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is from someone who has worked throughout the lockdown so has not had to experience the full impact and tedium of what it is like but I have found quite a few benefits

Getting more done around the house and garden at weekends
Saving money by doing things myself that I used to pay others to do
Spending more quality time with my wife
Trying to do things that I would not have had the time to do when I am golfing for 5 hours on a Saturday
Weekend lie ins rather than getting up early to golf
Going for long walks with my wife rather then getting my walk in on a golf course without her.
Seeing more of the countryside around me because I am walking more
An extra beer or 2 on a Friday night as I do not need to worry about being over the limit when I drive to golf the next day
Actually spending some time working out what I want from golf and a golf club because my enjoyment was waning before the lockdown.

Just a few things that I have found as benefits whilst not golfing

Wolf

Visit site
realised today that for the first time since i started playing i don't have a white left hand and a tanned right

any others??
I've never suffered that problem, I find it just as easy to play without one especially in the summer.

As for my own benefits, probably similar to GB72.
More time with my wife rather than the odd few hours we got around golf/work at weekends.
Rediscovered an enjoyment of running & being outdoors doing other activities that don't keep me away for 5 hrs on a Saturday/Sunday
More time to read and learn new more valuable skills
Saving a shed load of cash as well helps.

sunshine

Visit site
This is from someone who has worked throughout the lockdown so has not had to experience the full impact and tedium of what it is like but I have found quite a few benefits

Getting more done around the house and garden at weekends
Saving money by doing things myself that I used to pay others to do
Spending more quality time with my wife
Trying to do things that I would not have had the time to do when I am golfing for 5 hours on a Saturday
Weekend lie ins rather than getting up early to golf
Going for long walks with my wife rather then getting my walk in on a golf course without her.
Seeing more of the countryside around me because I am walking more
An extra beer or 2 on a Friday night as I do not need to worry about being over the limit when I drive to golf the next day
Actually spending some time working out what I want from golf and a golf club because my enjoyment was waning before the lockdown.

Just a few things that I have found as benefits whilst not golfing

Half of these things don't sound like benefits to me, starting with the top one :ROFLMAO:

Diamond

Visit site
Garden, wife and beer fridge have got a lot more attention. No anxiety over stupid team sports I follow.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t have the sheer dread of telling my wife I’m going to play golf or the resultant intense guilt and shame when I go.

Why do some wives hate golf? It’d never be this way with literally any other sport.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don’t have the sheer dread of telling my wife I’m going to play golf or the resultant intense guilt and shame when I go.

Why do some wives hate golf? It’d never be this way with literally any other sport.
Mine is the opposite. Really supportive and never moans how long I'm gone. Not sure I should be reading something deeper into that though

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I dont see "Golfer's Glove" as a downside...its a badge of Honour
Only benefit, if you can call it that, is reaquainting myself with my immense dislike of gardening....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

my wife to hates it with a vengeance, but when i played Cricket he loved me playing it depite the fact unlike golf, i used to pop off every Sat morning in summer and stagger back a god know what time, i'm only ever away with golf 4 or so hours. She did often come to watch home games and when i was club Capt she even made the tea's a few times.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
my wife to hates it with a vengeance, but when i played Cricket he loved me playing it depite the fact unlike golf, i used to pop off every Sat morning in summer and stagger back a god know what time, i'm only ever away with golf 4 or so hours. She did often come to watch home games and when i was club Capt she even made the tea's a few times.

Makes no sense right? We need to have a focus group with our wives to get to the bottom of it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As it’s generally the only thing resembling exercise that I do my wife is supportive of me playing (even though we use buggy’s)

I can think of no benefit to not playing, I despise the money sitting in my bank that I have not spent at the club :devilish: