The beginning of the end.....

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the comments on Facebook about this. I know it's going to rile some people, but personally I don't care.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 13.02.47.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 13.02.47.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 152

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tongue in cheek maybe....
I'm not a fan of the Hawaiian shirt tbh but the fact that it's un tucked doesn't bother me. It obviously goes against nearly every dress code of a UK course and it will cause some stuffy people to kick up a fuss about how the traditions, standard etc are being lowered.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't really like Hawaiian shirts generally, the fact that it's on a golf course makes no difference. I'm surprised he wasn't made to tuck it in though.

D

Deleted member 21258

I was hoping to wear a really bright Hawaiian shirt and my flower 'clown' trousers for the next H4H day, does that mean its a no goer:(

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’ve seen quite a few clubs rules changed in regards to shirts. They now generally state shirts must be tucked in unless tailored to be worn otherwise.

quite a few of the latest offerings are more fitting, (granted we’re not all athletes), but for those that they suit it looks fine imo.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tongue in cheek maybe....
I'm not a fan of the Hawaiian shirt tbh but the fact that it's un tucked doesn't bother me. It obviously goes against nearly every dress code of a UK course and it will cause some stuffy people to kick up a fuss about how the traditions, standard etc are being lowered.

Sit back and watch them implode with a rye smile on your face. Agreed - both don't bother me at all, however, I tuck my shirt in as I find it more comfortable that way.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Dress codes in the USA are generally much more relaxed than over here. Also, looks like he is on the range so quite likely he will be required to tuck his shirt in on the course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aahhh, so Mr Fowler wearing an untucked Hawaiian shirt is the cause of outrage. Very funny. Played his practice round in it, not just the range, shock horror.

The upcoming captain at my club is a confirmed shirt out man, checked and cleared by the club so no 50's dress code violation, so if Ricky gets grief I'll make sure our captain invites him across.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems quite a reasonable shirt - even 'out' - for this particular tournament! Wouldn't expect to see it at The Masters though!

As a dedicated Parrothead, I'm used to my heroes wearing Hawaiian shirts, though the shorts and flip-flops that JB also wears to perform are definitely non-starters for golf(ers)!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Some of the " guts" at our club would look less horrific if the shirt was "untucked"...and as someone said earlier .."some shirts are designed to be worn like that." I wonder if the PGA will comment?

I went to Hawaii I n2000. I bought a silk Hawaiian shirt within 2 hours of getting there...everyone else had them on and I felt self conscious in a white polo!! Still got it and its a classic!

Bit like when Tiger when collarless over ten years ago ....... golf still exists, no one died! Nothing to see here!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dress codes in the USA are generally much more relaxed than over here. Also, looks like he is on the range so quite likely he will be required to tuck his shirt in on the course.

He wore it untucked in round I believe but i'm happy to be corrected. I def saw him wearing it on skys coverage and although I wasn't concentrating on as as I was working i'm sure it was rd1.

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If the dress code allows untucked shirts, then it's not a problem. If the dress code says shirts should be tucked in, they should be tucked in. It's really not all that difficult is it?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some shirts are probably designed to be not tucked in and we probably all wear them away from the course, I certainly do, however, when golfing it's always tucked in. Primarily because I don't want anything flapping around down by my hands during my swing.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its a good look imo, good for him, not one i could pull off ;) Has he got an orange one?
As long as he doesn't pair it with those horrendous trousers/boots he wore last year...