Squirrels in the loft

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
You might find them a pest but I don’t think you are allowed to give them a possibly slow, painful death.
Or to fire a gun in your back garden
You are allowed to shoot a gun in your garden providing the bullet or pellet (as in my case) doesn't leave my boundaries. My pellets don't leave my boundaries until I throw the deceased body of the tree rat into the woods behind my garden for the local fox to have for dinner

Mandofred

Visit site
We'll see if what I've done so far is working. No idea yet. Also loaded up on white vinegar to spray along that side of the loft....one of several things squirrels aren't supposed to like. After checking the loft at this other house this morning and seeing nothing I managed to shove a small piece of dado rail (that I had broken in half with nice sharp ends) that we are removing everywhere into the top of my hand sideways. Trip to the hospital later (local surgery wouldn't do it) and they had to cut it out. Minor crap, but it will keep me from finishing up the rest of the loft with insulation for a couple of days. The wife.....who is smaller and much more bendy than I am said she will go into the corners to spray the vinegar.

I do know my wife has seen the squirrels going up the neighbours tree and crawling along the wires to the house corner. Until we get the money for our current house we can't fix the roof area so we need to keep doing "other things" to get rid of the little beasties.