The 2014 Ryder Cup!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sky coverage is not exactly blowing my socks off. Player takes shot - lingering shot on player - then switch to green and have to hunt for the ball is as it's usually landed by the time they switch.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do they usually start the afternoon session before the morning session is over? Or is it different this year because shorter daylight?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah they normally do start before the first session is finished

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have choked big time this session. Should be 3-1 but we are going to be down now.

Need to step it up this afternoon.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much of a shock seeing as we were going well early doors.
Don't think I will be so hard on myself missing the green from 120 yards.
Rory on the last cant quite believe it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some poor shots from McIlroy and Garcia

Very disappointing performance this morning.
We sould be 3 - 1 up ..................... not losing.
I'm glad Poulter & Gallagher are being rested, they were absolute junk this morning.
I've a funny feeling that Dubuisson is going to have a great day.
I'm also surprised that Reed and Spieth aren't playing this afternoon ...................... thank God!

Slime.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The golf isn't great but it is exciting, and will continue to be, despite the standard moans that '<xxx> coverage is terrible'. :D

I want one of those new Nike Vapor drivers that Rory's knocked miles down the fairway!

U

User62651

Never mind the scores, what about the outfits? - really drab looking from both sides imo. The saltire jumpers are interesting but they should be coupled with brighter troosers or even plus 2's! Surely one of the 2 teams could've gone with another colour like red or green rather than 2 teams in blue. Teams don't look cool, need a fashion overhaul, hoping tomorrow is an improvement.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Never mind the scores, what about the outfits? - really drab looking from both sides imo. The saltire jumpers are interesting but they should be coupled with brighter troosers or even plus 2's! Surely one of the 2 teams could've gone with another colour like red or green rather than 2 teams in blue. Teams don't look cool, need a fashion overhaul, hoping tomorrow is an improvement.

Given that there's one scot in the team, I don't get the saltire jumpers either. It's team Europe, not Scotland.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Given that there's one scot in the team, I don't get the saltire jumpers either. It's team Europe, not Scotland.

Errm... they're playing in Scotland. It's an attempt to involve the crowd under the assumption that Scots will be the largest group in there.

[video=youtube;GSQ6MtfWqX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQ6MtfWqX0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
U

User62651

Not very flattering outfits either, McDowell and Dubuisson waddling to the 1st tee, both enjoy a hearty breakfast I reckon. Also why are shoes not part of a uniform, can you imagine the Armed Forces or the Police all turning out with different footwear. I know they do it in football and rugby too but its a real bugbear of mine, as for Kuchar and Furyks deck shoes - don't get me started there.