The 150th Open

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What are we thinking realistically who has a chance, anyone from 7 Under or is even that too far away…
Really good leaderboard though going into the weekend ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I just think the easiest way to avoid these situations is to make the stands viewed as part of the course. Wouldn't that also have the added benefit that players wouldn't actively aim at them, and so less spectators getting hit?

I’ve said this before. They are the best in the world, they should play it as it lies. If they don’t want to do that. Take a penalty drop.

Swango1980

Visit site
I just think the easiest way to avoid these situations is to make the stands viewed as part of the course. Wouldn't that also have the added benefit that players wouldn't actively aim at them, and so less spectators getting hit?
However, players MIGHT have a go at the shot if they think they can pull it off. If they get it wrong, they might end up smashing a fan in the face. Unless you clear out the stand before the shot is played.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What are we thinking realistically who has a chance, anyone from 7 Under or is even that too far away…
Really good leaderboard though going into the weekend ?

Anyone further back than -8 is going to have to do something special considering whos in front of them but youd think the 5 and 6 unders will fancy they can get in the shake up with a fast start tomorrow and a little help from smith

RRidges

Visit site
Spectators would have to evacuate the stands once the player had decided to take that line. How to make round times even longer!

evemccc

Visit site
The spirit of Mickelson is alive and well there.

It’s disappointing to see players trying that but it’s happened so often it’s not a surprise

Clearly Morikawa wasn’t happy with such a long wait

And how laid back is Smith - stunning round of golf

What happened please?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What happened please?
As per fundy. It was a nonsense. He tried to suggest he could get a swing on it and get it out of a bush/patch . I've got more chance of teeing up at The Masters than any golfer would have of hitting that and getting it out.

Most people would have laughed upon hearing the request. Fair play to the ref for keeping a straight face and not even raising an eyebrow.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m assuming when he hit a putt and the greens were so fast he stopped it on the other side……
The spirit of Mickelson comment.

A facetious comment that wasn’t called for to be honest.

Really ?‍♂️

So you don’t think Mickleson hasn’t got a history of looking for free drops where he knows he shouldn’t be getting one ( and at times in the US has been given it )

I suspect the scores won't be as good tomorrow as the breeze will pick up, especially later in the afternoon with gusts up to 20 mph.

Yep the weather will certainly play it’s part tomorrow , going to need to be calm and paitent