That there London

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coming down this weekend for a gig at Wembley, staying near Shoreditch and thought of having a few drinks in the afternoon before going to the gig. Never been to Shoreditch before so thought we'd check it out. Any recommendations for a few places to drink and grab a bite to eat mid afternoon-ish? Cheers

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Coming down this weekend for a gig at Wembley, staying near Shoreditch and thought of having a few drinks in the afternoon before going to the gig. Never been to Shoreditch before so thought we'd check it out. Any recommendations for a few places to drink and grab a bite to eat mid afternoon-ish? Cheers

Stadium or Arena?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Arena for me. Sorry, Shoreditch is somewhere I’m not familiar with, but having spent last weekend at Wembley almost any choice you make in Shoreditch will be an improvement as there appears to be a trend of relying on the fact that people will be desperate enough for a drink that they won’t be bothered about the surroundings. Enjoy (y)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arena for me. Sorry, Shoreditch is somewhere I’m not familiar with, but having spent last weekend at Wembley almost any choice you make in Shoreditch will be an improvement as there appears to be a trend of relying on the fact that people will be desperate enough for a drink that they won’t be bothered about the surroundings. Enjoy (y)

Yes, been down for the football before and Wembley isn't the best to grab a drink unless you go in one of the hotels.

Wolf

Visit site
this is next door to my office, always full of beardy twats with trousers too short and no socks, so must be good. http://www.williamsspitalfields.com/
To be fair it's a decent place.

Wouldn't even worry about recommendations for that area there's so many bars and places to entertain yourself that your not left wanting.

In the words of the inbetweeners "its like shooting clunge in a barrel" 😂

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
There’s a Brewdog in Shoreditch for decent beers.

Depends what you'd define as "decent". If you like overly hoppy, yet tasteless "craft" beer, then yes, Brewdog should be right up your street ;)

Nordic Bar is pretty good

IF you like Darts there's Flight Club - which you can book an Ockey (?) and play darts whilst you drink. All scoring is done digitally too - quite fun to kill some time and typically hipster-y.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends what you'd define as "decent". If you like overly hoppy, yet tasteless "craft" beer, then yes, Brewdog should be right up your street ;)

Nordic Bar is pretty good

IF you like Darts there's Flight Club - which you can book an Ockey (?) and play darts whilst you drink. All scoring is done digitally too - quite fun to kill some time and typically hipster-y.

Darts - no.

I'll check out Nordic Bar.