That moment where you question your sanity

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
this year i have said im not going to play our course when its full temps just dont enjoy playing when its like that, but also couple of years we went to north berwick area end of march, and everyday it was 40 to 50 mph winds, the 3rd hole at gullane 2 it was that windy all the balls blew back down the hill, we was well batterd by time we came home

You are going to love Fortrose then:)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Apart from every time I log onto the forum it would probably standing on the parctice ground on Saturday with the car saying -2, barely light enough to see, and trying to feel my hands on the club getting ready for our winter knockout and wondering if the swing from the lesson on Thursday would work or not.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This time last year, the only loon at the driving range, -8 on the car on the way there and snow blowing into the bay so fast you could check the swing path after every stroke!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whimps. I used to be a member of The Royal South Georga Golf and Country Club. Get up at 1:30 am, drink a pint of battery acid, standing on the first tee in crampons and guy ropes hoping the Captain would not push through.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This time last year, the only loon at the driving range, -8 on the car on the way there and snow blowing into the bay so fast you could check the swing path after every stroke!

I had a similar experience a few years ago, only person on the range in sub zero temperatures - having a lesson :confused:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've never questioned my sanity.

I can't find it so I can't ask it.........

15 years ago the only thing that would stop me playing is the course being closed.
I'm a little more picky these days - but not much.

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last Christmas Eve played in the snow getting balls to stop in a hoop placed round the base of the flag. Fantastic fun!!!!

Prior to that turning up to play in a fun comp (shotgun start at 8.30) with 63 other nutters with the car temp gauge showing -8*C.