Th New Go Kart

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is anyone having problems getting hold of it???? A mate of mine has been waiting a while now and is getting very frustrated. Yes he has contacted GoKart about it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that they'd had a few teething problems with the final design and had to modify some part or other so the launch got put back a bit.
I may, of course, be imagining the whole thing:unsure:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have to admit, they seem to have addressed the areas for improvement in the new trolley.
It looks pretty good and I have to admit it's tempting. The trouble is my current GoKart just keeps on going so it's hard to justify it apart from the "I want one" reason.

GoKart video

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not seen the new one but it wouldn't take much to make an improvement on the old ones, real ugly cheap looking things.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Not seen the new one but it wouldn't take much to make an improvement on the old ones, real ugly cheap looking things.
I was wondering how long it would take you.
EVERY TIME the GoKart is mentioned you come on with the same comment. EVERY TIME! It's getting really boring.
You may think they're cheap looking but they're incredibly robust, strong and reliable. Mine is one of the first made and still going strong.
thumper-cant-say-something-nice.jpg

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was wondering how long it would take you.
EVERY TIME the GoKart is mentioned you come on with the same comment. EVERY TIME! It's getting really boring.
You may think they're cheap looking but they're incredibly robust, strong and reliable. Mine is one of the first made and still going strong.
View attachment 25501

Can't help it cos they are real ugly looking things, really they are

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't help it cos they are real ugly looking things, really they are
Yep, but I had mine last serviced 5 years ago and it's run pretty trouble free since. I then dropped it into them a few weeks back for another service, EVERY part that needed sorting was replaced and I now have a further 2 year warranty included. It has NEVER let me down so I don't mind it being beautiful or ugly

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, but I had mine last serviced 5 years ago and it's run pretty trouble free since. I then dropped it into them a few weeks back for another service, EVERY part that needed sorting was replaced and I now have a further 2 year warranty included. It has NEVER let me down so I don't mind it being beautiful or ugly
Absolutely spot on Chris..... had mine the same sort of time.... I think they maybe rather too rugged looking for some :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well said. Brilliant service, long lasting and British. I'd take that and "ugly" looks. I had a Motocaddy and it gave up the ghost after two years and repair costs were expensive out of warranty. The new model (with 18 hole lithium) still very competitively priced against the main competitors (Powakaddy, Motocaddy etc0

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had mine 3 years now. I couldn't give a monkeys what it looks like (not that I think it looks bad, but TBH its a golf trolley - I have never had a thought about its looks). It's going like a trooper and long may it continue.

I never worry about how most things looks, but some things in life do come to mind. I've got to say the plastic thing on wheels that carries my clubs around will never make it into my thoughts of how good looking or not it is

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had mine for 8 years now, I had it upgraded to the automatic handle three years ago and I absolutely love it. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I actually like the look of it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
You can see they've really picked up on the bits that could be improved and addressed them. I never even think about the looks but I know when I get it out of the car I can have it unfolded, clipped together and battery on in less than a minute, easy. I bought mine in its first year of production and since then it's had only one service and survived the Scottish weather and spending most of its life on a hilly course.
What counts for me is great customer service, excellent reliability, strong motor, rust-free, easy to clean, simple to use and just goes on and on. What more REALLY do you want from a trolley?
GoKart dared to be different and well done to them for that.

D

Deleted member 21258

I bought an 'old' one off here for my mum think just over a year ago or maybe longer and she has used it for every round since with the same battery, not the prettiest thing but has been 100% reliable, makes golf easier for her and she thinks it great.

Would definitely purchase another.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Ugly is in the eyes of whoever - and subjective

I think they are cool, provide an excellent service also

But's thats why we are on the this forum

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have never thought of a trolley as being ugly or not, which trolleys turn you on Hank?

Trolley turns you on !!

What ever floats your boat, my first choice would be a motocaddy but I would rather have one of the cheap hillbilly trolleys before the Lego looking go kart, in fact I would rather carry a full blown tour bag than use a go kart TBH but each to their own

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife has had a GoKart for several years. I don't care how it looks, but would make the following observations:

Pros:
- Fantastic customer service. Absolutely second to none, cannot be faulted in any way.

Cons:
- Awkward shape well folded up. Doesn't fit sensibly in a car boot.
- The plastic parts can get brittle in very cold weather, and since they are structural, this is a problem. My wife's trolley tipped over a few years ago and the main body of the handle cracked. That said, it was repaired quickly at low cost and a loan trolley supplied for the duration.
- Lifespan of the lead acid battery seems disappointing. She had three, all of which lasted less than 2 years. Now has a lithium but not had it long enough to tell whether it's going to last.