Temporary Local Rules.

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do such Rules have to be posted on the Clubs Notice Board ?? or is it sufficient to post them on Masterscoreboard for a few weeks, then remove the notice and expect everyone to know the Rule is still in place ?

Such Rules being only a requirement of the Club Members not pay/play visitors, one such rule relating to the use of buggies is within the Clubs Handbook (but most only read the fixtures part not the conditions of Comps section.)

Players are breaking Rules they did not know exist until being penalised all of which could be avoided if posted on the Notice Board.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From Committee Procedures in the R&A rule book

The Committee needs to make sure that any Local Rules are available for players to see, whether on the scorecard, a separate handout, a notice board or the course's website.

Our Local Rules are posted on the website and in a Local Rules folder on the book shelf just out side the bar.

It clearly says on card the local rules are only extracts and to refer to the book for full rules. Rules which players need to know before commencing play are not on the card e.g use of buggies.

TLRs are displayed on a separate notice board.

My experience of people falling foul of the rules is mainly because they do not read them. Many a time when asked I have replied " it is on the back of the card".

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As above, it's up the 'the Committee' to make them available for players to see - and indeed to make them aware they exist. The introduction or withdrawal of our temporary ones are 'announced' by sending out emails, are put in the newsletter, displayed on the various noticeboards, and best of all, displayed on the wall in front of the urinals (I assume the ladies get them on the cubicle doors or something). No excuse for not knowing at our place - although some folk still manage it.

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As above, it's up the 'the Committee' to make them available for players to see - and indeed to make them aware they exist. The introduction or withdrawal of our temporary ones are 'announced' by sending out emails, are put in the newsletter, displayed on the various noticeboards, and best of all, displayed on the wall in front of the urinals (I assume the ladies get them on the cubicle doors or something). No excuse for not knowing at our place - although some folk still manage it.
Thanks, clearly the ctee are at fault, the rule is within the handbook but no-where else, has been in force for around 10 years but to my knowledge only applied once (many years ago) the doubles match won by those using a buggy with no comments/complaints by the losers and a day after the match the winners were then advised they had been dq` for not obtaining permission to use a buggy, whilst they accept this, they query why
others have and are using buggies in weekly comps (without permission) and none being or been dq`d - bit of a mess really just wondering how this can be resolved

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A ten year old temporary local rule. I love it.
put that down to my age - this is a "local rule" for the Members - we have a current temporary Local GUR Rule which has disappeared from Masterscoreboard but the situation is unchanged and thus must still be applicable but how is anyone to know this.