Televising Q School?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Other than costs to the tour is there any downside to this? They've just televised all four days of the Challenge Tour Grand Final in Mallorca so you would imagine it would be similar costs. The appetite might not be quite as much as some of us believe but surely it would provide more drama than most weeks on tour?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hard enough for the competitors without having a camera and/or a mic shoved in front of them but dont expect that will be a consideration.

Not sure would be the best of spectacles for most viewers bar the final day either

AAC

Visit site
Hard enough for the competitors without having a camera and/or a mic shoved in front of them but dont expect that will be a consideration.

Not sure would be the best of spectacles for most viewers bar the final day either

I think the Final Day would be enough, i'm not sure of the numbers but is it not something like 7 rounds ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It doesn't strike me as one that will have the punters queuing to sign up for it....bar, as said, the final day.
I don't think enough people would care enough to warrant the cost - I might watch the final day but not the rest.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was time when there was an hour long program dedicated to the 6th day.

The dates clash with The Nedbank but I do not know who provides the cameras for that. I bet Sky would devote TV schedule time to it in preference to the Q School.

sunshine

Visit site
Why not? They televise stuff like euro pro tour. The audience for that is also likely to be interested in Q school.

At the end of the day, these guys are aiming to earn money to play golf for entertainment so makes sense to televise it.

Ian_George

Visit site
May be interesting viewing, but probably an untimely and unwanted distraction for competitors.
I watched it yesterday and every aspect seemed just a bit 2nd rate.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t have Sky now, so won’t watch it, and wouldn’t pay out just to be able to. However, if they to show it on terrestrial then I would probably tune in to watch it.

Jason.H

Visit site
It would be great to watch more grass roots golf and see more money invested there. Unfortunately right now the tours are competing to keep players and making extremely rich golfers even richer. Didn’t EuroPro tour end for good just the other week?