Teflon

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’ve recently got in to cooking at home, and one thing I’ve noticed is that no alter what I use, everything ems to stick to the pans.
i know a few friends and they say it’s the same for them too.
Seems your either lucky and nothing sticks no matter how rubbish your cooking is, or despite following a recipe and doing nothing wrong. It all gets ruined and a good meal wiped out!

any tips……

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife uses WMF saucepans, and their non stick is very non stick.

On a side note, watch the film "Dark Waters " (Netflix has it) and then think how wonderful Teflon is ;)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve recently got in to cooking at home, and one thing I’ve noticed is that no alter what I use, everything ems to stick to the pans.
Seems your either lucky and nothing sticks no matter how rubbish your cooking is, or despite following a recipe and doing nothing wrong. It all gets ruined and a good meal wiped out!

any tips……

There’s some good reviews of pans on YouTube. Just make sure you watch one by a qualified chef, not some housewife/husband making videos for fun.

Housewives making fun videos can be found on a different platform.

D

Deleted member 23270

any tips……
Are you following professional recipes and doing it properly or just blagging it?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
You need to get your pan ready, oil it in and keep it in an oiled state. There is a proper term for it which I just can’t recall at this moment.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lot of it is just dumb luck I find , I tend to use a lower heat than I used to

Average Tefal wok type pan (mainly use as a big pan lol) non stick

Then 3 diff sizes stainless steel saucepans .. and an instapot .. which I have a clip on handle to cook on the hob a bit with it

However I cook with ghee a lot (even in non Indian recipes) as I find it better and has a higher burning point

I do look after the pans the best I can tho, stainless steel dishwasher and then a bit of white vinegar now and again to keep fresh

The non stick Tefal .. not allowed anywhere near the dishwasher

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go stainless steel, cleans way better. We use a non stick frying pan but have to change it every 4-5years. We are up to 10+ years on the stainless steel pans and they are still spot on.

You could go wild and get Le Creuset, my mum has their pans from 1985 and they are bomb proof. They are pricey and heavy but they will last a lifetime.

In answer to your existing pans, soak, clean gently, bit of oil on the pan after.